• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

.Net Contract Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I thought .NET was the £600 a day gravy train?
    600 sterlings = 650 euros

I guess 600 quid a day sounds like loads but 650 euros a day ain’t that high in some bits of euroland (it would have equated to 420 sterling a day 18 months ago)

What we don’t want is a whole bunch of economic refugees riff-raff coming over from bankrupt britain to undercut the hard-working local contactors - plenty cheapness guv'

Comment

quite

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor View Post

I guess 600 quid a day sounds like loads but 650 euros a day ain’t that high in some bits of euroland (it would have equated to 420 sterling a day 18 months ago)

What we don’t want is a whole bunch of economic refugees riff-raff coming over from bankrupt britain to undercut the hard-working local contactors - plenty cheapness guv'
        I believe the 600 was for someone with a very active plan B so he can only work half days.

MS.net is the future - toot-toot
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

how you doing Tomas ? How's like in the World Building ?

Is LB ok ?

say hi

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor View Post

650 euros ? Now where is that salivating smilie
            thats it, I am off to mainland

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              how you doing Tomas ? How's like in the World Building ?

Is LB ok ?

say hi

Milan.
              Hi Milan
              I am doing fine thanks.
              In spite of sitting in the World Building.

Got more work than I can handle both here and for plan B and new opportunities keep sneaking up on me.

LB is as grumpy as usual, so he is just fine.

Will you be in FRA anytime soon? We should take LB out for a beer.
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

probably will come back again for the opening weekend of the weinachsmarkt

so a long time yet

surprised you can get LB out for a beer when I was at the chocolat factory he worked every hour under the sun, made me look a slacker

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeGregan View Post
                  .Net market is pretty dire right now, but I've got a sideline going in SAP consultancy and am finding it is still bouyant. Remarkably easy to get into too.
                  Remarkably easy to get into ???

Is it for Real SAP??

Comment

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
                    Is it for Real SAP??
                    There's no such thing as "real" SAP. It's just a made up product that companies claim to use in order to reduce tax liabilities.

The businesses are all still run on excel and always will be.

HTH

Comment

lol

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X