• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will the iPhone support vCard? I sent my business card as a text message to one, and it couldn't handle a standard that's been around for years.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

How does one go about becoming an Apple apps developer?

What skillset would be needed for this?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        When will the iPhone support vCard? I sent my business card as a text message to one, and it couldn't handle a standard that's been around for years.
        Probably when it supports MMS messaging. It already supports emailed vCards.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
          How does one go about becoming an Apple apps developer?

What skillset would be needed for this?
          http://developer.apple.com/iPhone/program/
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Probably when it supports MMS messaging. It already supports emailed vCards.
            They're sent as SMS. Not MMS.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Check out the MMS bit at: http://thenextweb.com/2009/03/17/app...tures-updates/

Comment

They're sent as SMS. Not MMS.
                Dunno then.

Definitely works in the email app though - you tap the attachment and you can either add to existing or create new contact.

Comment

My six year old Nokia does text messages as well.

No thanks for these new fangled things - I will stick to what I know.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                    My six year old Nokia does text messages as well.

No thanks for these new fangled things - I will stick to what I know.
                    Good for you.

Comment

Not such a big deal this update.

What I love right now is the Remote app

At home my phone connects to the network automatically the moment I'm in the door. I scroll through my playlist start a track and the music system fires up with it's lovely sound (Jamo system). A agent calls me and the boom boom is automatically muted while I'm on the phone. That's what I'm talking about... just smegging awesome and I don't care what you say!
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X