• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

underworld

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
    Good to see bench time being put to such productive use....
    I spent the whole morning manning the phones for the local branch of cats protection.

I have to do two home visits as well, so will fit in the cinema on the way back.

so
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I'd rather watch Blade for the 20th time than see Underworld3 if I wanted a vampire film. Then follow it with the Matrix for the 30th time

Actually, sounds like a good evening next time the wife's out...
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

mmm skyscraper.... I love you

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I'd rather watch Blade for the 20th time than see Underworld3 if I wanted a vampire film. Then follow it with the Matrix for the 30th time

Actually, sounds like a good evening next time the wife's out...
          I'd recommend watching Near Dark for a cracking vampire film. Much better than that 30 Days of Night dreck too.

Keanu Reeves spoils The Matrix for me and I think it's overrated. It's also hard to have any respect for a sci-fi film where the enemy ships are called "Squiddies". WTF is that all about?

It's right up there with "King Willy" from Predator 2 for inappropriate character names...

Comment

Oops, I thought this thread would be about a Plan B.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              I spent the whole morning manning the phones for the local branch of cats protection.

I have to do two home visits as well, so will fit in the cinema on the way back.

so
              Are you sure you are on the right forum.

What's this home visits malarkey? Are you a GP?
              Last edited by Clippy; 26 January 2009, 15:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
                I'd recommend watching Near Dark for a cracking vampire film. Much better than that 30 Days of Night dreck too.

Keanu Reeves spoils The Matrix for me and I think it's overrated. It's also hard to have any respect for a sci-fi film where the enemy ships are called "Squiddies". WTF is that all about?

It's right up there with "King Willy" from Predator 2 for inappropriate character names...
                Part of what I like about the film is that there is quite a lot of humour in it (I never worked out for sure if this was intentional).

Think about what real soldiers call their enemies... Jerries, Tommies, etc.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Part of what I like about the film is that there is quite a lot of humour in it (I never worked out for sure if this was intentional).

Think about what real soldiers call their enemies... Jerries, Tommies, etc.
                  Hmm, not sure I'm convinced.

Although naming them Jobbies would have been funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
                    In so much as recent vampire movies are generally a bit rubbish - just another excuse for some action sequences - I actually quite like the Underworld series. But not enough to go to the cinema - another one on the lovefilm list.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                      Are you sure you are on the right forum.

What's this home visits malarkey? Are you a GP?
                      I've been volunteering with an animal recue charity whilst on the bench.

The home visit part is me vetting potential adoptees of cats

Hopefully I'll be off the bench as of this week, have had a couple of interviews that went well.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X