• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Its not Friday!
    Do women have a different preference on wednesdays then?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Ok I've heard it said on here that I'm a bit dense, and I've quite often taken offence to that.....but actually I think yous might be right

I was up in arms about this whole new VAT thing cause (according to all my figures) I was going to be massively out of pocket....and it turns out I'd done my calculations wrong on my spreadsheet: -

I'd done <rate> * 1.115

instead of <rate> * 1.15

What a numpty!!

So, I admit, with 100% wholehearted certainty, that I am a complete and utter brainless bint.

FACT!
      Forgive me for being dim but why would a change in the VAT rate make you out of pocket?

The VAT rate has come down but that is not to see the savings will be passed onto you - alot of companies will keep prices the same and simply reduce the VAT element thus giving themselves more money.

I think!!!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Forgive me for being dim but why would a change in the VAT rate make you out of pocket?

The VAT rate has come down but that is not to see the savings will be passed onto you - alot of companies will keep prices the same and simply reduce the VAT element thus giving themselves more money.

I think!!!
        Most contractors I know agree a VAT exclusive rate, so can't do this. If you had the foresight to charge a VAT inclusive rate, then yes you'd be quids in...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Do women have a different preference on wednesdays then?
          Smutty Friday!
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Smutty Friday!
            Not had one of those for a while. There must be quite a build up of smut to come.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

I think!!!
              IMPOSTER ALERT!!!!!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                IMPOSTER ALERT!!!!!
                Oh now I'm just confused! Who's the impostor and who the heck is Fogle
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Ladies (Cailin, SallyAnne, Fogle), does girth count for more than length?
                  CM isn't a woman - she's a trucker called Barry from Scunthorpe.

You need to ask Nina or Paula if you want to ask a real woman.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Small fat ones do nothing for me
                    Lick my Chutney Lollipop

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      CM isn't a woman - she's a trucker called Barry from Scunthorpe.
                      I suppose he might still have a preference.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X