• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Car-sharing with Wilmslow?
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Car-sharing with Wilmslow?
      There's a benefit I'd never even considered.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

So, the face to face permie interview went really well, and no stoopid HR type questions, just techie stuff and talking about all the things I've done. However they had a couple of other people to interview (I'd hoped that by getting past the phone interview I was the first choice).

I've been waiting to hear back all week, and the agent finally phones me with feedback saying I did "suprisingly well" at the code test and interview (not quite sure how to take that). So now they've sent me: an application form. With lots of stupid questions like previous employer and "why did you leave", plus two references. I'm almost tempted to write N/A in big letters over the whole thing and send it back with a covering letter saying "do you f***ing want me to work for you or not?".

Meanwhile after feeling somewhat despondant at the start of the week that permiedom might be my only option, I've had numerous calls about contract roles, and there's suddenly promising signs from the Plan B too.

I think I need to lie down.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Keep the faith VectraMan.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

And stay away from the dark side
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              an application form.

Just remember the Greenham Women's slogan: "They Can't Kill The Spirit"

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                And stay away from the dark side
                Oh I don't know. A little of what's bad for you and all that.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Oh I don't know. A little of what's bad for you and all that.
                  Oh, I strongly advise you don't go there unless you absolutely have to. I've been at it three months, after 21 years as a contractor, and I am wondering how long I can put up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
                    Oh, I strongly advise you don't go there unless you absolutely have to. I've been at it three months, after 21 years as a contractor, and I am wondering how long I can put up with it.
                    Me too - I was 20 years as contractor apart from four years, recently went permie due to market conditions.

I actually like the job etc, just fecking hate our new manager, we all do - wänker...

It's given me the impulse to get out ASAP
                    Last edited by stek; 5 March 2011, 13:42.

Comment

Working...
                    X