• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth
    Probably not. When I was tutoring I was always a bit suprprised and slightly worried when one woman would just drop her 15 yo daughter off when I was the only person there. She probably thought her daughter's resemblance to a pig's arse would make her safe from most blokes.
    She reckoned without your penchant for slugs though...

You didn't though.... did you?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      Anyway I am about to become an "ex customer" of 3, and if there are any agents out there with a few cold calls of their own to make, I suggest that they call John Vickerman (who hopefully still is) the HR director of 3 in Maidenhead and feel free to pester the living living daylights out of him
      I was really shocked to find out how shiiiight 3 reception is.

The other day my gf thought up a new spoof ad campaign for them. Featuring people with 3 tshirts standing in phone boxes

Comment

"Simply set up a *premium rate* number and ask them to call you back.

You could (unlikely but worth a try) rake in a fortune.

PRC - "This time next year we'll be millionaires"

Just wondering about this. How much does it cost to set up a premium rate number and what are the returns like? I remeber a story in the press a few years ago where an advert was placed for a pervy chat line under the banner of hear me moan. When the caller got through it was all "You lot treat this place like a hotel. Cooking and cleaning is all I seem to do" etc. Sombody tried to sue but failed because they were listening to a woman moaning.

Would there be anything illegal in then going to all these spam sites over the net and trying to get your number out there? So long as you are there to answer the query, would there be anything in law to stop you doing this?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Premium phone rates are highly negotiable depending on the volume of calls you anticipate and your personal bargaining skills. Out of a £1/min phone line it is possible to negotiate a retention rate (i.e. cash to you) of nearly £0.70/min, with no monthly charges. I know this because I have done it, but there are also people out there who will charge you a £25/mnth "admin fee" and only give you £0.60/min of the revenue.

I can recommend StealthNet as good people to work with.

Comment

[loop]Get your hands on lots of nicked and spoofed mobiles.
            Put them on auto dialers to your premium rate line till they get cut off.
            [/loop]
            You get 70p in the pound and BT gets screwed.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

That used to be a major problem for BT but what with minimum charges and them having up to 90 days to contest the billing, you've little chance of getting away with it nowadays.

Comment

Working...
              X