• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The things agents do!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The things agents do!

Just received 5 emails for 5 different jobs from the same agency, but different agents, all at exactly the same time.

I presume that a CV-scanning bot assigned me as a possible asset to 5 opportunities, with a different employee attached to each. But emailing them at precisely the same time is not sophisticated CRM.

wasn't dpconnect was it, they keep telling me i've applied for jobs i've never heard of..

"Thanks you for applying for the cobal/ Pascal/ BASIC contract role we have advertised in Timbucttoo paying £0.20 an hour. We shall advise you of the outcome.

Please update your iprofile."

iprofile is the one that really pi55es me off, why should i do their data janitors job for them!!

Comment

Originally posted by LittlestHobbo View Post
      wasn't dpconnect was it, they keep telling me i've applied for jobs i've never heard of..

"Thanks you for applying for the cobal/ Pascal/ BASIC contract role we have advertised in Timbucttoo paying £0.20 an hour. We shall advise you of the outcome.

Please update your iprofile."

iprofile is the one that really pi55es me off, why should i do their data janitors job for them!!
      Timbuktu

Comment

lol you wiki'd it..

Comment

Originally posted by LittlestHobbo View Post
          No, it wasn't. It was an agency I've worked with before, but I think they've lost the details, since they keep offerong me perm jobs in areas I don't do (but I can't reasonably keep their keywords off my CV). All that is normal, it was just the coincidence of 5 different agents emailing me at precisely the same time ......

Comment

I spoke to an agent recently who told me they don't post the jobs they outsource it to another company who does the posting. That company are currently testing added value services.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

There is a bloke at Huxley who gets up my hooter. I feel better for having said that.

Comment

Working...
              X