• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extension........!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Thanks for the congrats....

Forgot to say....

Also WFH on Fridays too......

Don't like 12months as I feel trapped - don't mind setting up the processes and handover - don't want BAU!!

T
    Great news. What about when you're tyling? Do you ever miss meetings?

Comment

Unfortunately,

Being at the Northern edge of the empire - I don't get much chance to perambulate as much as I'd like..... and had to let someone else carry the wand this year....

I haven't visited any yet up here - early days.

T

Comment

Unfortunately,

Being at the Northern edge of the empire - I don't get much chance to perambulate as much as I'd like..... and had to let someone else carry the wand this year....

I haven't visited any yet up here - early days.

T
        I do a half day on loi and meetings(we meet on Fridays) so things aren't too bad.

I've got JD role this year.

Comment

I was SD - was just going onto JW when this gig came up..... I miss it but Tyne & Wear is a long way from Cheshire - needs must!

I'm also a Comp in RA - that's in Cheshire too.......

I suppose if anything turns up at Barclays Knutsford - I could always nip down!!

I did do the Cheshire Show a couple of years ago....on the Prov. stand handing out leaflets all togged up - a little odd.....

T

Comment

I was SD - was just going onto JW when this gig came up..... I miss it but Tyne & Wear is a long way from Cheshire - needs must!

I'm also a Comp in RA - that's in Cheshire too.......

I suppose if anything turns up at Barclays Knutsford - I could always nip down!!

I did do the Cheshire Show a couple of years ago....on the Prov. stand handing out leaflets all togged up - a little odd.....

T
            Well done! Personally I'm all in favour of that kind of thing.

Re: the Barclays thing, I did a couple of stints at Radbroke Hall.

Are UKAEA/NNC still in Knutsford?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Re: the Barclays thing, I did a couple of stints at Radbroke Hall.
              Me too, 3 years in fact, working on the ESP system.
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                Me too. You arn't that contractor who crashed the bus into a tree at the beer festival are you ?

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                  Donkeys years ago I worked with Andersen Consulting on the PCs in Branches thing.

A few years ago I worked on the Chip & Pin implementation with FI Group/Xansa for a while.

They had a good Sci-Fi book club....

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Me too. You arn't that contractor who crashed the bus into a tree at the beer festival are you ?
                    Eh no, but I did accidentally knock a cyclist off his bike at the Stocks Lane (?) entrance. I miss the "trio of sausages" the canteen used to make.
                    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Unfortunately,

Haven't had the pleasure of Barclays........ any offers considered in ITIL Service Mgt gratefully received after Dec!!!

News on Extension......

They are really pushing for twelve months - They say want stability in the role, I'm still concerned.

I thought of negotiating a rate increase and taking the twleve months if they agree otherwise it's 6 months...

Seeing client next week....

Seeing a business coach - She's got some good ideas...

T

Comment

Working...
                      X