• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE workshop: Preparing contractors for Autumn : Weds 29th Sep at 7.15pm. More details here.

UK Broadband...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    UK Broadband...

    In the UK we're with BT and have a 1 mbit download with 15GB limit per month. We're looking to change...

    Who out there(in the UK) is using what? How much, what speed and are there any limits?

    Spod - In "Any help appreciated or abuse Chico/Franco, whatever" mode!

    #2
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod
    In the UK we're with BT and have a 1 mbit download with 15GB limit per month. We're looking to change...

    Who out there(in the UK) is using what? How much, what speed and are there any limits?

    Spod - In "Any help appreciated or abuse Chico/Franco, whatever" mode!
    Mate of mine uses the 8mbit Bulldog package with no monthly cap. He rates it highly. For a no frills package with no cap, Tesco are recommended by many.

    Comment


      #3
      Telewest 1meg no download limits
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

      Comment


        #4
        http://www.ukonline.net/broadband/

        See if your BT exchange is listed. If it is you can get 8mbit for £39.99 per month with a 120GB per month cap (although they say they only pursure persistent offenders).

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by DimPrawn
          http://www.ukonline.net/broadband/

          See if your BT exchange is listed. If it is you can get 8mbit for £39.99 per month with a 120GB per month cap (although they say they only pursure persistent offenders).
          Unfortunately we're too far away from the exchange...

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by DimPrawn
            http://www.ukonline.net/broadband/

            See if your BT exchange is listed. If it is you can get 8mbit for £39.99 per month with a 120GB per month cap (although they say they only pursure persistent offenders).
            Very poor value compared to Bulldog - 8mbit uncapped for £17.50/month or £29.50 if you want unlimited phone calls as well.

            Comment


              #7
              Yes that bulldog deal looks unbeatable.

              Comment


                #8
                Take a look at this site, where you can compare a number of ISPs on cost, speed, support etc.

                BTW Spod, are they still recruiting at your place? If so, any chance you could PM me with the best person to contact please as I'd rather not use an agency if I can avoid it? My contract here is up in a few weeks unless they can find some more money for another extension.

                If anybody else is able to offer contacts in companies 'oop north' doing real-time embedded C/C++ then there's a pint (virtual or otherwise) in it for you. I've now got a baby daughter so I'm desperately trying to avoid a weekly commute down south.

                Cheers...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Paco
                  Take a look at this site, where you can compare a number of ISPs on cost, speed, support etc.

                  BTW Spod, are they still recruiting at your place? If so, any chance you could PM me with the best person to contact please as I'd rather not use an agency if I can avoid it? My contract here is up in a few weeks unless they can find some more money for another extension.

                  If anybody else is able to offer contacts in companies 'oop north' doing real-time embedded C/C++ then there's a pint (virtual or otherwise) in it for you. I've now got a baby daughter so I'm desperately trying to avoid a weekly commute down south.

                  Cheers...
                  Paco, message sent.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    NTL - 1.5mb, no limit. Total pants

                    Wage in 'tried to get online at 21:00 last night' mode.
                    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X