• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday in Egypt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday in Egypt

Fellow bit bashers.

In 3 weeks I have a holiday booked in Cairo, The Nile and Sharm El Shiekh, me 'er indoors and a 13 year old lad.

Five grand down the swanny or three if I cancel today. Not being smarmy, but money isn't the issue, after all it's already been spent.

I know it's down to us I'm just wondering if there are angles we haven't thgought of.

Should we go?

Contact the home office and ask them.
    If they say it isnt safe then you should get all your money back.

Just go, you have got to die of something, and you could as easy be caught in a motorway pile up as bombed.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Yeah go. If you get blown up it's the will of Allah.

As sala'amu alaikum

HTH

Comment

Foreign office advise remains as it was: it's dodgy but you can still go - with London's position they're not going to change.

You only get full refund if FO says don't go

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          Contact the home office and ask them.
          If they say it isnt safe then you should get all your money back.

Just go, you have got to die of something, and you could as easy be caught in a motorway pile up as bombed.

yeh and when your arse get bombed, the home office would issue the following statement : Oooops , we got it wrong !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyhorse
            Fellow bit bashers.

In 3 weeks I have a holiday booked in Cairo, The Nile and Sharm El Shiekh, me 'er indoors and a 13 year old lad.

Five grand down the swanny or three if I cancel today. Not being smarmy, but money isn't the issue, after all it's already been spent.

I know it's down to us I'm just wondering if there are angles we haven't thgought of.

Should we go?
            Go. Fantastic holiday destination, friendly people (particularly when it comes to parting you from your cash, but they do it so nicely), great things to see and do. You won't regret it, holiday of a lifetime for you and the family. 15 people die in accidents on the roads in the UK EVERY DAY. Keep things in perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyhorse
              Fellow bit bashers.

Should we go?
              Foreign Office Advice on Egypt

Read the foreign office website and make your own decision - there is nobody on this forum qualified to make the decision for you.

Chances are you'll have a good time.

Spod.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                Go. Fantastic holiday destination, friendly people (particularly when it comes to parting you from your cash, but they do it so nicely), great things to see and do. You won't regret it, holiday of a lifetime for you and the family. 15 people die in accidents on the roads in the UK EVERY DAY. Keep things in perspective.

I agree with Lucifer, but did you choose a packaged holiday?? if not would be better if you book an accomodation where mainly non westerners go, they bombers will choose areas where loads of european tourst are staying, hence its better to stay or go places where the locals are...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod
                  Foreign Office Advice on Egypt

Read the foreign office website and make your own decision - there is nobody on this forum qualified to make the decision for you.

Chances are you'll have a good time.

Spod.
                  I have read more about this than any sane person would want to read and I know it's my decision, as I said I just wanted to hear some other views.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
                    I agree with Lucifer, but did you choose a packaged holiday?? if not would be better if you book an accomodation where mainly non westerners go, they bombers will choose areas where loads of european tourst are staying, hence its better to stay or go places where the locals are...
                    Most of the people involved in Sharm were Egyptians!

Comment

Working...
                    X