• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dreams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreams

Does anyone believe that dreams (real dreams the one you have when you fall asleep) have meanings?? or may come true???reflect your psyche???

comments / abuse from anyone are welcomed.. except from AtW,

Originally posted by SandyDown
    Does anyone believe that dreams (real dreams the one you have when you fall asleep) have meanings?? or may come true???reflect your psyche???
    No. Just random electrical and biochemical discharges as part of the brain's natural information structuring process, that are in part shaped by recent events or subconscious thought. As such they may have some minor meaning to you and to an extent reflect your personality, but as to "coming true", no. They might, but that is coincidence combined with your brain restrospectively altering your recollection of previous dreams to fit current facts.

Comment

If dreams had any chance of coming true then you must have been dreaming about me.
      I have been dreaming about doing rude things to you for a long time so for mine to come true you would need to have had them too.

TLG willing to abuse Sandy anytime.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I once dreamt that a ghost came into the house and drank my bottle of malt whisky. Imagine my surprise when I woke the next day to find the bottle empty and ectoplasm all over the carpet.

Comment

According to Freud in the Interpretation of Dreams, dreams are symbolic fulfillments of wishes that can't be fulfilled because they've been repressed. Often these wishes can't even be expressed directly in consciousness, because they are forbidden, so they come out in dreams--but in strange ways, in ways that often hide or disguise the true wish behind the dream.

If you would kindly state the nature of your dream I interpret it in this context. I suspect in your case your dream represents a number of perverted sexual desires . The only way to make sense of it all is to go through it here on contractoruk - a number of board members here might reach orgasm in this way - I am afraid you won't be able to charge your usual fee, but at least no physical contact is involved this time.

Dr Jabber

Comment

Sandy I love your Avatar. Is that a bulge in your bat suit or are you just pleased to see me?

Comment

Dream or Nightmare ?

On the subject of dreams, I had a particularly disturbing one last night (Thursday 27th). I woke up feeling like I had not had a proper night's sleep, as the dream sequence seemed to play over and over again. I also woke up with a shocking headache.

I was working at NASA, doing general IT support for various departments, and the day was a "Launch Day".

We all gathered on the viewing platforms to watch the big event. One of the shuttles was all prepared and ready in the vertical take-off position.

The rockets fired, and the shuttle began to lift majestically in to the sky. The craft got about 100' off the ground, then suddenly the rockets died..completely.

The phrase "what goes up...must come down" came to mind, as we all looked on, in a horrified "time goes slow" moment as the craft fell completely vertically back to earth.

As the shuttle struck the ground, the large black rocket housing crumbled like concertinas under the weight of the craft.

For a split second, it hung there, then toppled over, like a fallen tree, again in slow motion.

People were running for cover (even though the viewing platform was safely out of danger).

As the behemoth struck the ground, there was a massive explosion like a small nuke going off, and a rapidly expanding inferno swept across the facility, blowing buildings to smithereens in the immediate area and severely damaging others further out.

I lost count of the times this scene replayed over and over again...until I woke up feeling like I had been run over by a steamroller.

I don't place any credence in the dream as some sort of premonition....and I sincerely hope it was just a dream. But it left me rattled for the rest of the day.
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
              X