• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bikes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing to add - threaded sums it up nicely. No one has mentioned fixed gear or singlespeed which makes an excellent commuter setup, but you need to be quite fit for anywhere that's not totally flat.

Comment

Originally posted by noob View Post
      I always try and buy from a proper bike shop rather than Halfords etc..
      That is sage advice.

I went into "Bikehut" (a subsidiary of Halfords) in Twickenham on Saturday and they could barely work the till.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by noob View Post
        When Boris is Prime Minister it will be!

I got out on mine at the weekend for the first time in ages, did about 3 miles on Sat & another 5.5 on Sun, mostly off road etc, great fun!

Another vote for Wiggle for accessories here, bought my hybred from a place in Crowthorne. I always try and buy from a proper bike shop rather than Halfords etc..
        I don't know the make of mine, it was my brothers. Perhaps I should get a new one. I like the way the current one is as happy with grass as it is on the road though, whereas my old racing bike was no good on grass and kept getting puntures. The fat tyres on this one are slow on the road though.

I cycled into the city center for the first time in years, which takes too long and is way too much hassle by car. I like the way you can cycle up to and park up in front of the shops or prominades, and it's suprising how much ground you can cover by bike, much more than by car in the centre and almost nowhere is inaccessible. Went for a long bumpy off-road ride on Sunday too, but the gears are making a funny noise after that.

Comment

Next time you need new tyres, have a look at hybrid ones, flattish in the middle & knobbly at the edges. They're ok for trails etc but are also ok on the road.

Comment

Might get one of these, just for old-times sake as I had one as a child...

If anybody's got and original and wants to sell it for a tenner, I'll bite your arm off.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
            X