• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chico
    Wage as I understand it was five shots in the head. The guy was pursued, challenged and he ran into the tube station, jumped the ticket barriers, run the escalators or stairs and then ran unto the platform and then got unto the train with armed police behind him. He deserved it mate - as Owlhoot mentioned earlier - he deserves the Darwin Award.
    I agree that his behaviour justified the police response, especially if he was a suspect from yesterday's attempted bombing. In that situation there is good reason to believe he was on a suicide mission.
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Eh?

Ok so he was suspected of being a bomber, and he was being tailed from his home.

WTF did they not stop him and search him before he even got near the tube? Or even detain him before he even got out of bed.

I suspect if he was a strong enough supect to shoot, why not at the very least detain him and subject him to "intensive" interrogation(Thats what they call kicking the sh!t out of someone in custody these days). Surely his statements would have been more valuable than his corpse with no head.

I am sure that the officers responsible for blowing him away acted appropriately given the circumstances, but I still cannot fathom why they let him get near to the tube.

Very cynically I think it may have been a ploy to appease the embattled public with a bit of bloodletting.
      There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
        Very cynically I think it may have been a ploy to appease the embattled public with a bit of bloodletting.
        I don't know. Shooting a suspect is a major decision to take, and if an officer gets it wrong his career is ruined and faces a potential criminal charge.
        Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

WTF did they not stop him and search him before he even got near the tube? Or even detain him before he even got out of bed.
          They could not -- officers were undercover in plain clothes, so they must have stood near barriers and look for people, once they seen him they challenged him but he disobeyed and tried to run to trains: in current context shooting that guy is perfectly justifiable in my view.

Comment

Well...

He was an idiot to try and run away...

Erm, does the shoot to kill policy apply to lying politicians as well?
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Just guessing, but presumably because they hoped he would lead them to the other terrorists?

Comment

Erm, does the shoot to kill policy apply to lying politicians as well?
                Keep some perspective dude - lying politicians are scumbags but they don't kill 20 in underground by blowing themselves up. Politicians kill far more through inaction (like not investing enough into cancer research), but this is thought to be acceptable losses to the society.

Comment

'fraid I agree with Sunnysan. Shoot (or stab better as it is so much more artistic!) enough politicians and all our other problems would go away. If we stabbed them in huge numbers in accordance with the sacred rituals it would usher in an era of paradise on earth and the lion would lay down with the lamb (sho nuff but I saw it first the horny little minx!). I AM CONVINCED and will not consider any uninformed bollox to the contrary!
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X