• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aussie visa problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you got a criminal record?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      He's not Des O'Connor.

Or Is he
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

A requirement

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Didn't stop others - before him going there

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
          Didn't stop others - before him going there

I think the implication is you need one to get in. If already in flight, just do what that Naomi Campbell does. Problem solved.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            I'm supposed to be going to Oz in september, but trailfinders wouldnt progress my visa application on Sunday.
            They have forwarded my details to the Oz embassy for checking

has this happened to anyone here ?
            Weird, I find Trailfinders to be very helpful, infact if i have to use a travel agent then they're the only ones i bother going to.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              He's not Des O'Connor.

Or Is he
              No you are supposed to say "does he need one?"

to which I answer "yes"

Last edited by DodgyAgent; 8 April 2008, 15:54.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Did you check those boxes saying something along the lines "1) I engaged on war crimes, 2) I took part in terrorist acts, 3) I sold drugs etc"? If so then it might explain.
                I thought a criminal record was a prerequisite for getting in to Australia.

Comment

Just heard from trailfinders, I was selected for checking because someone with a similar name was on the watch list. But they have granted the visa so I'm off on my adventures for 4 weeks this autumn

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I was selected for checking because someone with a similar name was on the watch list.

That explains why John Smith is so bitter.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X