• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost Baggage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a place in America that gathers all the unclaimed stuff and sells it on.

You can get some bargains there - since people tend to take away their fanciest clobber with them when going on holidays.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      There's a place in America that gathers all the unclaimed stuff and sells it on.

You can get some bargains there - since people tend to take away their fanciest clobber with them when going on holidays.
      Yeah, as many Hawaiian shirts and flip flops as you can carry.

(They also do "sell offs" in this country, its a bit pot luck though as the suitcases are sold with their contents unseen. A nice expensive looking suitcase can go for £30. usually bought by market traders)

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
        Yeah, as many Hawaiian shirts and flip flops as you can carry.

(They also do "sell offs" in this country, its a bit pot luck though as the suitcases are sold with their contents unseen. A nice expensive looking suitcase can go for £30. usually bought by market traders)
        The American one buys up all the left luggage available it seems, then sorts it, cleans it, and sells it on. They also get lost freight as well, so you can get some new things.

There was a feature on the BBC News site about it last year.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Could be handy when we start getting charged for our non-recyclable waste. Stick it in a suitcase and leave it at the airport. Then wait for sum mug to buy it.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Could be handy when we start getting charged for our non-recyclable waste. Stick it in a suitcase and leave it at the airport. Then wait for sum mug to buy it.
            Good plan. Any plan is better than paying (again) for dustbin collection. I don't know how the idiot government thinks we're all going to take that but I have my own idea.

Comment

Or leave it at the airport, ring them and tell them it's a bomb.

Then they will do a controlled explosion on it, and get rid of the rubbish for you.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

There's an auction house in Tooting (I think) that sells on lots of stuff from BA.

I'm sure it would be an interesting diversion to head down there.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  There's an auction house in Tooting (I think) that sells on lots of stuff from BA.

I'm sure it would be an interesting diversion to head down there.

They're currently trying to auction parts of that 777 wreckage. Might buy one of the engines to replace my paper shredder.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

They're currently trying to auction parts of that 777 wreckage. Might buy one of the engines to replace my paper shredder.
                    I wouldn't bother. They'll fail to power up just when you need them most.

Comment

Phone them up and tell them you're not sure, but you think you left your bomb in there, and you can't remember what the timer was set for.

They'll find it.

Comment

Working...
                      X