• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pcg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    I was going to say "Beyond Churchill", but I prefer your answer!
    You've answered my question beautifully.

Thanks.

Btw, are you currently or have you been previously in the pay in cash, goods or any other incentive of the PCG?

Comment

I was going to say "Beyond Churchill", but I prefer your answer!
      Are permies allowed to join?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Are permies allowed to join?
        I was put off joining years ago by the slight smell of something I believe to be iffy.

What happened in my opinion was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

What happened in my opinion was wrong.
          Judging by that link you posted earlier I would agree that it wasn't good. That's not to say the organisation hasn't evolved/improved.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            You've answered my question beautifully.

Thanks.

Btw, are you currently or have you been previously in the pay in cash, goods or any other incentive of the PCG?
            Not that it's any of your business but I did 6 days paid work for them in late 2003 at commercial rates, won against bids from three other suppliers. So what?
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Not that it's any of your business but I did 6 days paid work for them in late 2003 at commercial rates, won against bids from three other suppliers. So what?
              Thought so.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                Has anyone been investigated by HMRC and sought the services of PCG/Insurance they provide? What was your experience?
                I got an aspect enquiry into a dividend I paid. I sent (via PCG accountants handling my claim) the info requested by HMRC, and the enquiry was closed. They (the accountants) didn't really have to do anything in this case, but had the enquiry expanded even slightly in scope then issues might have arisen for which I would really need top-quality help. I was really, really glad to have them there. I was sh*tting myself at what might happen if the scope of the enquiry expanded. (Potential issue, at the time, S660.)

It turned out the enquiry was because I'd paid a dividend in March, and that particular year there was some reason for HMRC to think that fudging the difference between March and April was highly significant. I was able to show minute declaring the dividend and bank statements proving the dividend was declared and paid in March, i.e. I was innocent of whatever it was they thought I was up to.

Comment

I am a PCG member but doubt I will renew. I can't see the point of membership any more.
                  • IR35 is still here.
                  • Clients won't accept their group insurance.
                  • IR35 is still here.
                  • I've had duff advice from the advice line.
                  • IR35 is still here.
                  • You can't claim the cost of membership through your company; it has to come out of your pocket (how carp is that???).
                  • IR35 is still here.
                  • The Real Life Meetings are few and far between these days (I see more being arranged in TPD than by the PCG!).
                  • IR35 is still here.
                  • Much the same discounts are available to IAP members, BCS members, IEE members, etc.
                  • IR35 is still here.
                  • You can get off jury service by politely explaining you don't earn when not at work.
                  • Oh, and IR35 is still here.

The PCG is just a whingeing shop that exists to take money off frightened contractors (like me) to stuf into the pockets of the PCG officers. (Cue comment from Tay.) At least agencies only take a cut off me when I'm earning. The PCG takes it all the time.
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                  X