• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

booing barry_abs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

booing barry_abs

i've contracted under a Ltd. before and found it a bit laborious so this time i accepted the agencies 'preferred' service: Giant Umbrella (i'm just not motivated enough to research every umbrella out there for the sake of a few quid saved).

i've got a pile of legal agreements to read and accept.. are there any Giant Umbrella users out there that can advise of items in these legal docs to be wary of?

lazier than Fwank in an England shirt!

i know, i'm one idle bastard! it's my achilles heel.

i just want to paint my masterpiece, take my cheque and go home to my kids.. i'd pay for an Umbrella Advisor, if anyone knows one.. somebody to ask me a few questions, tell me Company X is best, take £50 and leave.

Comment

the booing never really got off the ground barry - the crowd recognise one of their own, and nobody is going to get a hard time for laziness from this crowd.

Comment

too lazy to boo!

my eyes just glaze over in front of any sort of clerical document: accountancy, legal etc.. in fact, practically any form at all..

i can't even be arsed to cash cheques.. i've got council tax rebates, cheques to buy the kids presents etc. still uncashed.. i will one day, the day before the bailiffs arrive probably..

Comment

I'l take them to the bank for you.

25% handling fee

Comment

well, that works out at about £60 - ripoff!

Comment

Originally posted by lexington_spurs View Post
              i've contracted under a Ltd. before and found it a bit laborious so this time i accepted the agencies 'preferred' service: Giant Umbrella (i'm just not motivated enough to research every umbrella out there for the sake of a few quid saved).

i've got a pile of legal agreements to read and accept.. are there any Giant Umbrella users out there that can advise of items in these legal docs to be wary of?

lazier than Fwank in an England shirt!

Dont do it, ltd aint that much hassle, once you have ticked over for a year or so its easy-ish bit of effort. I used GIANT before my LTD, my experience of GIANT was ok (not great), but I prefer not to have the stress of having another party in the chain. I probably spend an hr a month on admin, keeping my accounts upto date, liasing with the accountant. Even if you go full PaYE through you limited its better than an umberalla, you get flat rate vat and for me its about 50% cheaper a year in terms of running cost than using an umberalla. There is some good well price accountants out there.

I also just like looking at the figures ahhh
              Last edited by MobileCheese; 23 October 2007, 22:10.

Comment

Originally posted by barry_abs View Post
                too lazy to boo!

my eyes just glaze over in front of any sort of clerical document: accountancy, legal etc.. in fact, practically any form at all..

i can't even be arsed to cash cheques.. i've got council tax rebates, cheques to buy the kids presents etc. still uncashed.. i will one day, the day before the bailiffs arrive probably..
                You are me and we claim our £5 in uncashed cheques....
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
                X