• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Woking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    Bugger! It's getting worse by the minute! Perhaps I should scrub Woking from the list then... As mentioned, one of the big factors was the fast train links to the city and if, as someone mentioned, there is no/little parking and the busses are w@nk then it is not even worth persuing further...

St. Albans was the next one down on the list... perhaps I'll turn my attention there now.

Oh, I am moving from North Somerset. Grew up in Croydon though so have already experienced a sprawling chavtropolis
    Mr. Robin, try Guildford too. It's a quaint town with some great countryside around and only 35 mins from London. St. Albans is a good bet as well, not sure about house prices - probably similar to Guildford.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Mr. Robin, try Guildford too. It's a quaint town with some great countryside around and only 35 mins from London. St. Albans is a good bet as well, not sure about house prices - probably similar to Guildford.
      St. Albans: Nice place, but property is very expensive. I think a bit too expensive, as though St A is decent enough, it's not that bloomin' great. Also, it's one of those places that, unless you fancy travelling via London on the train every time, is a bit tricky to get to other places from.

Watch out (seriously) for flooding in some parts of St A, if you do think of moving there.

Comment

Working...
      X