• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easy Peasy Physics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our moon seems to disappear during an eclipse...
    Strange place these examiners live on. Here on Earth either the sun disappears or the moon turns dark red.

Comment

My mark, without cheating, and under 20min, was 92.5%

A few of those questions were very badly worded.

Comment

Maybe the answer isn't actually C, which suggests we spend £billions on a space mission to disprove the lucid imagination of some moron in an examining board...

Comment

Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
          Our moon seems to disappear during an eclipse. Some people say that this is because an old lady covers the moon with her cloak. She does this so that thieves cannot steal the coins on the surface.

Which of these would help scientists prove or disprove this theory?

A. Collect evidence from people who believe the lady sees the thieves
          B. Shout to the lady that the thieves are coming
          C. Send a probe to the moon to search for coins
          D. Look for fingerprints
          I say A. Their evidence might have some inconsistencies so you could use it to disprove it.

Other than that I'm tempted to take a bunch of these tests so I can put 20 GCSE's at A* or whatever on my CV. Do you think it would help me get more lucrative contracts?

Comment

I'm not one of life's great posters - but I had to find somewhere to moan about this. If I had a kid who had taken this paper I would be livid (unless of course they passed with flying colours!)

Comment

Originally posted by flatfooter View Post
              I'm not one of life's great posters - but I had to find somewhere to moan about this. If I had a kid who had taken this paper I would be livid (unless of course they passed with flying colours!)
              One of life's great posters is that one with the stunna scratching her arse on a tennis court.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                My mark, without cheating, and under 20min, was 92.5%

A few of those questions were very badly worded.
                Where are the answers? In the absence of finding an answer paper, I must conclude that I got 100% until proven otherwise.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Where are the answers? In the absence of finding an answer paper, I must conclude that I got 100% until proven otherwise.
                  Then you have failed. 0% for you melad.

(on the frikkin news page containing the link to the test paper)

Comment

This lowering of the bar is filtering its way down into the media.

In the Times yesterday, some bright spark did a piece on tarring and feathering through the ages, starting with the crew on Richard the Lionheart's ships in 911.

Yep, 911.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                      Then you have failed. 0% for you melad.

(on the frikkin news page containing the link to the test paper)
                      D'oh - didn't actually look at the article, just opened the PDF.

And got somewhere in between my original 100% estimate and your 0%
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X