• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Hardware

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT Hardware

Some months ago my Ltd Co bought two laptops from me at reduced price as I needed them for my role. Now I think I need a new one before the end of the year, so can I buy them back from my Ltd Co at a further reduced price and then buy the new one on Ltd Co when ready?

????
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Yes, the Inland Revenue love that sort of thing.

Comment

Surely as a company I am allowed to refresh my IT equipment?
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

But not through buying and selling to yourself...

And for depreciation purposes computers only have a shelf -life of 2 years.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Was I right ini buying the hardware from myself in the first place as I did it at reduced cost to the company?

Comment

just leave it all in the company's name. shouldn't make any difference to you, and AFAIK you can buy as much hardware as you like...you are an IT company after all...
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
            X