• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suggestions please...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends if it a girl or a boy, I was given a barrel of whisky from the year i was born. Still sitting up in the distillery in scotland. Now its 28 years old. When it hits 30 i will get it shipped down here and have a big party. You can also sell it for a profit.

If its a girl buy her a star or sponsor an animal or something from a zoo.

Comment

My dad was given a bottle of Châteaux Margaux Medoc from the year I was born - he gave it to me on my 30th birthday. Great gift.

Comment

Originally posted by fordcaprighia View Post
        Depends if it a girl or a boy, I was given a barrel of whisky from the year i was born. Still sitting up in the distillery in scotland. Now its 28 years old. When it hits 30 i will get it shipped down here and have a big party. You can also sell it for a profit.

If its a girl buy her a star or sponsor an animal or something from a zoo.
        Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        My dad was given a bottle of Châteaux Margaux Medoc from the year I was born - he gave it to me on my 30th birthday. Great gift.
        I'm sure that the drinking experience is one to remember, hardly a religious experience (unless it's THAT good).
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

How about a Christening Guest Book: http://www.ohsocherished.co.uk/shop/...bcf739d98cdfd2

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
            Noah's Ark

Teach him to take care of the pennies (before HMRC does!)
            Nice one - thanks!
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

An application for VAT Registation: should be completed by time he's working.

Comment

What to give?

Mmmm I feel like that hat in Harry Potter, an atheist giving a gift to non church attending parents......

Might I suggest two things for the parents the promise that you'll support them when they need it and when they don't combined with a copy of "The sacred diary of Adrian Plass aged 37 1/2" to make them laugh when they need to. His website is at http://www.adrianplass.com/articles/parenting.htm.

As for the babe-in-arms either a pair of aqualungs since most seem to dislike the water for some reason, or more realistically try http://www.wesleyowen.com/WesleyOwen...gory/Children/ esp. the Veggie tales series if they've something suitable

Nick

Comment

Thanks Harry/Nick
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Try - www.catholicshopper.com I particularly like the Jesus sports statues..... if that doesn't scare the sh*t out of you nothing will!!
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Can I just say, I am Catholic, so not casting aspertsions (sp??) on any religion at all!!
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X