• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right....

Just becuase you've found the "Close Forum" button doesnt mean you have to use it

Is this the "new" version of the board we were promised.....inline images dammit!

I quite like the new "infraction" system. Consider yourself warned SP

The system can be set up so that warnings can be given, like the 1 point warning I have just given SP for being a cheeky young chappie. This way the mods can give warnings and these can build into bans. Far quicker than sending PMs so this and the new registration system where end users need to reach a level of quality posts before they can post without moderation should help clean things up a little.

There is user rating stuff that I am tempted to turn on, like the thread voting tool you can rate people too - if only this had been on here when Chico was around... Let me know if this appeals.

Inline images? We will have to have a think about that... With the new system in place for registrations and the infractions then we might consider adding it back to forum. Beg as you see fit below to help us decide

Comment

RSS feeds of the forums now enabled too which is something that was asked for a while ago.

Comment

Hmm!

I'm off to work

Oh! Hi you lot - later
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          RSS feeds of the forums now enabled too which is something that was asked for a while ago.
          Excellent! Good call, been after that for ages.
          Er, your 'reply to' page breaks in Firefox - the smilies are running amok down the right hand side of the page, into the navigation. (FF 2.0.0.6 OS X 10.3.9)

I'd be in favour of user rating - or better still - having the 'report post' option count for something towards infractions, which it probably will.

Nice to have the board back.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            I quite like the new "infraction" system. Consider yourself warned SP

The system can be set up so that warnings can be given, like the 1 point warning I have just given SP for being a cheeky young chappie. This way the mods can give warnings and these can build into bans. Far quicker than sending PMs so this and the new registration system where end users need to reach a level of quality posts before they can post without moderation should help clean things up a little.

There is user rating stuff that I am tempted to turn on, like the thread voting tool you can rate people too - if only this had been on here when Chico was around... Let me know if this appeals.

Inline images? We will have to have a think about that... With the new system in place for registrations and the infractions then we might consider adding it back to forum. Beg as you see fit below to help us decide
            It is true... power does corrupt...
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I have indeed been warned

DO I get a prize for the first infraction point recieved?

Comment

Yup, only new users get bumped into the monitoring system, if you had a small number of posts before the system was added then you will not be moderated.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  I have indeed been warned

DO I get a prize for the first infraction point recieved?
                  How does the point awarded manifest itself ?
                  Should it not be visible to the other posters?
                  Do points mean prizes?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by administrator
                    Dear Sockpuppet,

You have received an infraction at Contractor UK Bulletin Board.

Reason: Being cheeky
                    -------
                    Don't get cheeky
                    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
                    https://forums.contractoruk.com/node/20602
                    Just becuase you've found the "Close Forum" button doesnt mean you have to use it

Is this the "new" version of the board we were promised.....inline images dammit!
                    All the best,
                    Contractor UK Bulletin Board

Comment

Working...
                    X