• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sheffield

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lukemg
    Isn't the leadmill an apartment block now ?
    http://www.leadmill.co.uk/db/home.php
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg
      Scored a gig in Sheffield
      You are a frogman then?
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Good place, I had 6 months there October through to March.

Stayed in serviced apartments top of West st .

Loads of bars and plenty of nightlife.

Leadmill is alright, Gatecrasher was much better till it burnt to the ground.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

quality place...loads of nice bars, restaurants, and a revitalised city centre

Comment

worked there at BT for a while - also went to Uni there - town centres getting better - especially along West Street / Division Street and theres plenty to do.. Transport links are crap though
            The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven

Comment

another good serviced apartment company is citycrashpad.com based in the city centre on West St

Comment

went to uni at sheffield, at the time thought it a great city for students but terrible for anyone older than that. Now i'd say if offered i'd do a gig there, young girlies from the medical school learning to find their alcohol limit

plus it's very cheap compared to 90% of the country

good luck
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  went to uni at sheffield
                  You brave, brave thing!

Comment

I once drove around it on the way to somewhere more interesting
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                      went to uni at sheffield
                      I had an offer from there but didn't get the grades

I visited three times for different reasons, twice it was raining and I thought it was a great place, the third time it was sunny and I thought it was crap. And it smelt of farts.

Comment

Working...
                      X