• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EPOD Systems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPOD Systems

Got an interview tomorrow for a PM implementing epod systems.

Anyone worked with these and can recommend some names so that I can google them to convince the that I know what I am talking about.

Found a few but most of them list the client as a customer and they have said this is to replace the current epod system that is rubbish.
    Last edited by Sockpuppet; 11 December 2013, 20:44.

Then still use your research but make a face like you've walked on something nasty as you name-drop.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Don't ask me. I don't go to interviews anymore.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Don't you mean EPOS?
        Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Seems quite a drastic move from driving lorries.
          Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by portseven
            Don't you mean EPOS?
            My thoughts also. Never heard of EPOD myself, although a quick search suggests it may be Electronic Proof Of Delivery system...
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
              Got an interview tomorrow for a PM implementing epod systems.

Anyone worked with these and can recommend some names so that I can google them to convince the that I know what I am talking about.

Found a few but most of them list the client as a customer and they have said this is to replace the current epod system that is rubbish.

Cheers
              Richard
              EPOD = Electronic Proof Of Delivery

It is primarily an excel based solution that proves that loaves and tins of beans have been delivered to Good-in at Tesco

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Aye is a proof of delivery system.

THey are more complex than Excel (but just). They can do signature capture (instead of paper), photos of front door to prove delivery was attempted, vehicle tracking, online order progress (can tell you your parcel will be with you in x minutes) etc.

Used more in pallet networks and home del than RDCs.

Comment

I had a brush with this in my last gig more on the technical infrastructure side of things though.

Had Symbol, Psion, Xda in etc to show of HHT's with signature capture etc. Company called Jade Communications in Haydock
                  Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                  X