• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eds

Anyone worked for them??

Good or Bad???

Well, whenever anyone goes on about rates I always think of how much EDS charges for a fsckwit.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I have worked both for them and with them...

I would as a contractor but never again as a permie....they just do not treat people well and are so badly organised...

Comment

Just left them as a permie

.... I still have the company laptop they gave me that they have no attempt to get back - despite me giving them a new address with my contact details on my resignation. Even my resignation letter was never seen by HR (despite sending it to them) and i only ever met my line manager the week before i was due to leave the company (never met him before that, or had any formal inductions etc).

Not a bad bunch of people at all - everyone i dealt with there was pleasant enough, but the sheer size of the company, the locations they are spread across, and their 'outsourced' administrative functions just make you feel like a drop in the ocean, and a badly managed one at that.

Still - the full security clearance they sponsored me for meant ive been able to walk into my latest contract with no effort

Comment

i had my first IT related job with them and joined there Modern Apprentice scheme. That was sept 2000 and was on 11k pa. They did put me on a lot of training but never put up the pay. Would never become permie with them again but would go back as contractor as the people i worked with every day were spot on and a good laugh.
          Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

I've: -
            1) Worked for them as a permie.
            2) Worked with them as a permie.
            3) Worked for them as a contractor.
            4) Worked with them as a contractor!!

They are utterly useless at all 4!

Never ever ever do option 1 (I cant stress that enough really). Try to avoid options 2 and 4...but option 3 can be very very financially rewarding. Grab it with both hands.

And good luck The Farmer
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

What is EDS's record on delivery of projects?
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                I've: -

They are utterly useless at all 4!

Never ever ever do option 1 (I cant stress that enough really). Try to avoid options 2 and 4...but option 3 can be very very financially rewarding. Grab it with both hands.

And good luck The Farmer
                whats the difference between 1 and 2 / 3 and 4 ?
                Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l
                  whats the difference between 1 and 2 / 3 and 4 ?
                  Sh*t pay. Tret liek sh*t.

Frustration, annoyance, constantly chasing them to do work, occasional use of EDS Gold Card which can be nice) but general EDS hating.

Loads of cash!!! Tret with respect. Still boring work.

Frustration, annoyance, constantly chasing them to do work, status and ability to shout at them
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Jim - if you are also a poster on here.... I'm not sure I would have done this!!

http://www.eadon.com/intro/jim.php
                    Prior to my life as a self-employed contractor, I was employed by an American mega-corp, EDS. In England, as far as I can tell, relatively few people have heard of EDS, despite the fact that they are a mind-blowingly colossal computer services corporation that have several mega-contracts with the British government. Worldwide, EDS hires enough people to fill my hometown of Newport (Shropshire) twelve times over, and Newport itself is big enough to support eleven pubs and even a nightclub.
                    EDS is the only dysfunctional company I have worked for, before or since. The faintly amusingly named and less winningly inept CEO Dick Brown's reign closely coincided with my employment at EDS. Dick was fired after investors halved the corporation's market value. His reward for being one of the worst managers in history? An obscenely gargantuan golden parachute. Dick made approximately 90 million dollars in that time. So perhaps he was not so inept after all, but did what it takes to make money (for himself, not EDS investors of course).
                    EDS have consistently consumed billions of tax payers's loot on poorly managed, failed projects, yet are awarded further contracts because they are adept at dealing with the abstract grind of government contract application.
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X