• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    They had a tea trolley at my last gig (city insurer). It would trundle down the corridor outside my office at 11:00 and 15:00 sharp with a selection of beverages, cakes, biscuits, etc.

Very nice.
    My current one does. I worked here before and totally forgot about it. She comes past my office at around 9:00 and 14:00. Never been or used her yet. Probably doesn't have PG Tips anyway but I can get a Brezel...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
      Tea trolley - what year are you living in Pickle?
      Anyone worked on a site where a tea trolley came round, with an old dear dispensing brews?

They used to have them at John Brown Engineering (later Kvaerner [sp?]) when I worked there in the '80s.

P.S. and we were allowed to smoke at our desks
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
        Anyone worked on a site where a tea trolley came round, with an old dear dispensing brews?

They used to have them at John Brown Engineering (later Kvaerner [sp?]) when I worked there in the '80s.

P.S. and we were allowed to smoke at our desks
        edit: Oops, I posted before reading to the end of the thread. Never dreamed they were still being used!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
        X