• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

axed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by churkus
    been told i am one of many contractors who has to go due to budget cuts. shame i really enjoyed this contract and been here over a year. wish me luck they say getting the 2nd contract is harder??.
    They've done you a favour. The longer you stay in your early contracts, the more of a permy mindset you have. You need to get about a bit.

Comment

No-one recruits in September...struggling with recovering from everyone being off from the School holidays
      Property advisor for the people

Comment

Oh and all the permies are busy arranging halloween parties in October!! (Gives the ladies a chance to wear even less than normal)

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
          Oh and all the permies are busy arranging halloween parties in October!! (Gives the ladies a chance to wear even less than normal)
          Good point about October. Clients are on half-term holidays with the kids, and also no-one wants to go over budget for the half-yearly financial reports. Yep, October is as dead as a dodo.

Comment

The best time is up to May 23rd, after that it's dead
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
              The best time is up to May 23rd, after that it's dead
              hehe good 1. just out of curiosity, is anyone else on a Fujitsu contract at the mo?.

Comment

That's not the Fujitsu pan-european thing is it? Or am I getting confused?

Comment

Fujitsu have been trying to clear ut thier contractors and replace them with permies for about 3 years now as far as i'm aware, you are lucky to have lasted so long.

Comment

been told i am one of many contractors who has to go due to budget cuts. shame i really enjoyed this contract and been here over a year. wish me luck they say getting the 2nd contract is harder??.
                    In my experience people who are too fussy (when they can't afford to be) struggle with the 2nd contract.

Xeno in 'I'd wrestle nude for food' mode
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

hehe good 1. just out of curiosity, is anyone else on a Fujitsu contract at the mo?.
                      Had a pimp call about half hour ago with contract for Fujitsu at DVLA, Swansea so they're either taking some on or its a spot of afternoon fishing...

Comment

Working...
                      X