• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

19 Points???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the whole show on line at

http://www.eurovision.tv/addons/mediaplayer/player.html

The UK song would have been fine in the 50s or 60s, and that,s the problem with many of the pop music in Western Europe for the Eurovision Song Contest.

The standards were extremely high in eastern Europe with on or two exceptions and|I think the winning song was a pile of lesbian poo.

Bulgaria was great and well worth watching.

The Greek song was so outdated, but even if the singer stuck the microphone up his bum and farted; Cyprus would still give them 12 points.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

My choices were

FYR Macedonia
      Georgia
      and surprisingly France

Not surprisingly all failed, so either my taste is too eclectic or the voter’s tastes are dire.

I must admit I was enjoying the prospect of another null points for the UK when Ireland and Malta ruined it.

I did spend a lot of time awarding shagability points to the female presenters from around Europe...but realy only Iceland did it for me
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
        The standards were extremely high in eastern Europe
        What standards are we applying here?

I wouldn't download any of the songs, but musically, the German swing band and the Latvian tenors singing in Italian were OK.

Some of the acts were good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
          I did spend a lot of time awarding shagability points to the female presenters from around Europe...but realy only Iceland did it for me
          How about that last act? Can't remember where she was from.

Comment

[QUOTE=Paddy]I watched the whole show on line at

Bulgaria was great and well worth watching.

[QUOTE]

Sounded like Bjork to me.

You have to speak one of the Slavic languages to feel the Serbian song. It was really sad , especially knowing what happened there with Kosovo.

My favorite was the Ukrainian song – so much fun.

Comment

Watching the Fins at the weekend made me suspect there is too much 'kissing cousins' m'larky going on
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Ukraine should have won - total Eurovision cheese...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                X