• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indie chart

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indie chart

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6623715.stm

Arctic Monkeys in the top 10?? I dispair....
    Call the cops

Originally posted by freakydancer

I like em, okay they are from Sheffield, but still..

Comment

Crock of crap.

Where are the Mondays? Or Charlatans, Inspiral Carpets......or even blur (never much of a fan but still!!) And what is Nirvana doing in there? Weren't they grunge. If they are in then Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, Soundgarden etc should be in there as well.

Youth of today.....they haven't got a clue

Comment

Pah!!!

<old fart retired contractor role>
        Vaguely heard of the Artic Monkeys and blur and Charlatans. All total tulipe from the bits I have heard. Who the hell are Mondays, Inspiral Carpets, Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, Soundgarden??????
        </old fart retired contractor role>

Not sure if I liked anything by Nirvana or not so looked them up, never 'eard 'em but "Territorial Pissings" and "Moist Vagina" sound good to me.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

These lists are no more authoritative than a CUK poll

Honestly: "In August 2006, Oasis's Live Forever was named the greatest song of all time in a poll for Q Magazine." Must be true then!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
            Pah!!!

Vaguely heard of the Artic Monkeys and blur and Charlatans. All total tulipe from the bits I have heard. Who the hell are Mondays, Inspiral Carpets, Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, Soundgarden??????

Not sure if I liked anything by Nirvana or not so looked them up, never 'eard 'em but "Territorial Pissings" and "Moist Vagina" sound good to me.
            In my day we got nothing more suggestive than "Cumberland Gap"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
              Pah!!!

If you ever feel in the mood to lop some feckers head off, Territorial Pissings is definitely a good soundtrack choice

Comment

I'd like to take out that Smiths dirge at number and put the Arctic Monkeys one place higher.

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer

Not sold on the new album yet (Still listening), but the last one was superb - every now and then a band comes along who're completely original, for my money they're it in the last decade.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by theemeestroo
                    Crock of crap.

Where are the Mondays? Or Charlatans, Inspiral Carpets......or even blur (never much of a fan but still!!) And what is Nirvana doing in there? Weren't they grunge. If they are in then Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, Soundgarden etc should be in there as well.

Youth of today.....they haven't got a clue
                    Umm, let's be honest - and I was a massive fan of all of these bands - they didn't exactly leave a lasting legacy of great tunes - the first three have probably got maybe 10 great songs between them.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X