• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Music

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates
    You sound like you're on the verge of fame Freaky...

What's your biggest audience to date ?

A good measure is when the pubs say you're too expensive for them.
    I wish mate!!

There are thousands of bands out there in the same boat but they all sound the same ie they want to be the next Libertines - we don't.

I don't think it comes down to talent anymore - you've gotta know the right people and then get them to give you a listen - easier said than done!!

Oh, and the most is probably about 400 I guess - no that great!!
    Call the cops

Comment

Whilst we're on the topic, and I think I may have asked this before, but since the singer only has a rather poor quality acoustic guitar, I was thinking of buying an Epiphone Gibson 335 copy which I lend him, and I could use for rehearsal. They look quite cheap. How is it ?
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
        Whilst we're on the topic, and I think I may have asked this before, but since the singer only has a rather poor quality acoustic guitar, I was thinking of buying an Epiphone Gibson 335 copy which I lend him, and I could use for rehearsal. They look quite cheap. How is it ?
        For the money, they're great guitars - can't fault them.
        Call the cops

Comment

Thx...400 is impresssive.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

How bizarre, but thinking on a plan b of being an itinerant musician on Gran Canaria I had three of my guitars sent over from the little recording studio I have in England.

Seeing as they haven't been played or even dusted for probably 20 years I decided to get some new strings. Found a rather good shop in town. A pack of 6 string acoustic, 12 string acoustic and a 12 string electric and a rather large bottle of cleaner/polish.

Spent Saturday evening at the 6 string, Sunday at the acoustic 12 and the electric 12 gets done tonight, if I'm not otherwise diverted.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
            X