• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ce-payout.html

Super-rich banker who gave his wife £80m to get round inheritance tax then saw their marriage break up before he could put it in trust for the children wins back £20m of her divorce payout
    can't help but laugh - and Labour reckon Non Doms are going to fund everything.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Hard to wade in to these things as it's just a level we cannot begin to fathom but for the wife to argue that the husband 'gifted' her £80m is just pure greed. He's taken action based on the change of legislation which makes sense, gifting 80m for no no apparent reason is ludicrous and she failed to carry out putting the money in to trust. Isn't this theft? Takes a lot to argue it's hers when all the evidence is there she's literally stolen it. How did she think she was going to win that argument?

I guess with that amount of money and the lawyers they have she just doesn't care and is trying everything possible. I'd be embarrassed to stand up and claim that, but 80M goes a long way to compensating me for that embarrassment. I guess.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X