• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Titles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titles

Office for place!

Who invents them?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...cars-pavements

Telecoms and water companies are creating “street scars” in a “wasteful process” that is marring British high streets, Nicholas Boys Smith, who chairs the Office for Place in the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities has said in a report.

​​​
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I think this concept of 'place' has been around quite a while in building and environmental design and the government no doubt has plenty of offices for this, that and the other.

I'd be more worried about utility companies not giving a toss about the environment including urban areas and 'place'.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post

I'd be more worried about utility companies not giving a toss about the environment including urban areas and 'place'.
      How does looking after the environment make the utility companies money? That's why they don't give a toss.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X