• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: ToryGraph

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: ToryGraph

Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph newspapers to be put up for sale

Barclay family have lost control of crown jewel media assets in bitter row with newspaper group’s lender

The Daily and Sunday Telegraph are to be put up for sale in an auction after the Barclay family lost control of their crown jewel media assets in a bitter row with the newspaper group’s lender.

Lloyds Banking Group is understood to have appointed AlixPartners as the official receiver to seize the shares owned by the Barclay family in the holding company that ultimately controls the national newspapers and the Spectator magazine.

According to multiple sources the bank, which has taken the action after becoming frustrated at the repayment of a loan amounting to hundreds of millions of pounds, intends to remove Barclay family-appointed board members and move to auction off the Telegraph titles and Spectator.”

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ut-up-for-sale

Serves them right for turning it into the Daily Mail with even more toxic comments

Couldn't happen to a nicer couple of tax dodgers...

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Are you going to buy it with a consortium AtW ?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I’ll buy that for a dollar…

Comment

I've just cancelled my subscription. Fee went up to £189 for the year. They tried to get me to stay by reducing it to £69 then £49 for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I've just cancelled my subscription. Fee went up to £189 for the year. They tried to get me to stay by reducing it to £69 then £49 for the year.
            WHAT??

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

WHAT??
              I know! Must be trying to drum up cash to make themselves look solvent

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I know! Must be trying to drum up cash to make themselves look solvent
                That’s like FT level and it’s annual which implies discount!

Might have to can it if my monthly payment goes up more than a tenner

Comment

They increased quietly to 35 quid per month!

Comment

The Telegraph has gone from a serious broadsheet to a rag for gibbering, mouth-breathing conspiracy nutters and culture warriors in the space of just a few short years - it really has been a spectacular decline. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a good business model (although Mail says otherwise) and new owners will correct course.

Comment

Working...
                    X