• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Candy store

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

These contrary to popular opinion are not good fronts for ML.
    The connoisseurs of ML prefer hot food takeaway, 24 hour retail, pubs and night clubs because of the cash throughput. Sunbed shops for example simply do not deliver the levels of cash handling to sufficiently launder large amounts of cash most payments are debit/credit card. Sunbed shops are more likely to be what in brokerage circles is called a PEMS business. Similar examples of PEMS businesses are nail bars and dog grooming parlours.

PEMS stands for Preventing Extra Marital Shagging and is where the husband sets the wife up in business in a bid to stop her from bonking the personal trainer whilst he is out at work. I know a few contractors who have fallen into this trap.
    I thought many nail bars and the like were fronts for the slave trade with the people working there under duress.

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

These contrary to popular opinion are not good fronts for ML.
      The connoisseurs of ML prefer hot food takeaway, 24 hour retail, pubs and night clubs because of the cash throughput. Sunbed shops for example simply do not deliver the levels of cash handling to sufficiently launder large amounts of cash most payments are debit/credit card. Sunbed shops are more likely to be what in brokerage circles is called a PEMS business. Similar examples of PEMS businesses are nail bars and dog grooming parlours.

PEMS stands for Preventing Extra Marital Shagging and is where the husband sets the wife up in business in a bid to stop her from bonking the personal trainer whilst he is out at work. I know a few contractors who have fallen into this trap.
      I wouldn't take up money laundering as a profession if I was you
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I thought many nail bars and the like were fronts for the slave trade with the people working there under duress.
        Round here its unusual to see a nail bar not fully staffed by orientals. Which is odd as its mostly Indian & African migrants in Sluff.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

I wouldn't take up money laundering as a profession if I was you
          I will stick to brokerage if I ever get well enough to go back to work!
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

That's the one! So it was Afghanis. And a reluctance fromt he authorities to do anything about it.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It seems they were also pheonixing and avoiding business rates. One has to wonder what part of their anatomy trading standards had up their rear end for the last 5 years.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                It seems they were also pheonixing and avoiding business rates. One has to wonder what part of their anatomy trading standards had up their rear end for the last 5 years.
                There aren't that many trading standards officers in London. Lots of councils share officers.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Well it appears counterfeit goods is also part of the business model. What a surprise... not.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ps-begins.html

I didn't realise they sold phones and vapes so it all makes sense now. Same model as Cheetham Hill in Manc and other tat shops. Decent front but everything else dodgy as hell.

I did think being sweet shops there would be drugs involved but it isn't. Just your standard fakery tat shop.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

All of that cash from cannabis farming has to be laundered somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                      London is one big state sponsored money laundering operation. Only the little crooks will receive any attention. The big dog behind it all will survive scrutiny.
                      The Rushuns?

Comment

Working...
                      X