• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-reveals.html

Almost half of President Biden's Twitter followers are FAKE, audit reveals as Elon Musk puts deal to buy Big Tech giant on hold over bots
    • Just over 49% of Twitter followers of the official @POTUS account are fake
    • The same analysis found that more than 14 million accounts who follow Biden's personal @JoeBiden handle are also either fake or insufficiently active
    • An audit of ex-President Donald Trump's archived presidential account, @POTUS45, shows that 42.4 percent of his followers are fake
    • It comes as Elon Musk took shots at Biden and Twitter at a Miami conference
    • The Tesla billionaire accused Twitter's CEO of lying about the company's claim that less than 5% of its more than 200 million accounts are fake
    • He also said he would be voting for a Republican president in 2024, not Biden
    • Late last month Musk agreed to buy Twitter for a staggering $44 billion
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Elon stated initially that one of the big things he wanted to improve about Twitter was to fix all the bots and fake accounts. Now he's saying he doesn't want to buy it because he thinks there are a lot of bots and fake accounts.

Elon himself has a massive following - his own personal cult, plus those of Tesla and many cryptocurrency advocates who see him as their messiah. How many of his own followers are fake?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

90% of twitter users don't post. All those based in Russia shouldn't be posting. So what does he mean by "insufficiently active"?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Elon stated initially that one of the big things he wanted to improve about Twitter was to fix all the bots and fake accounts. Now he's saying he doesn't want to buy it because he thinks there are a lot of bots and fake accounts.

Elon himself has a massive following - his own personal cult, plus those of Tesla and many cryptocurrency advocates who see him as their messiah. How many of his own followers are fake?
        its called negotiation, he wants something to happen so he makes the seller do the dirty work.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

its called negotiation, he wants something to happen so he makes the seller do the dirty work.
          It's called being a douche. He wants to buy it because the current owners are doing it 'wrong', or so he says.
          When you're trying to buy someone's company, posting poo emojis at them on Twitter is hardly professional.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It's called being a douche. He wants to buy it because the current owners are doing it 'wrong', or so he says.
            When you're trying to buy someone's company, posting poo emojis at them on Twitter is hardly professional.
            d000hg adviser to one of the richest men on the planet.. Next week Jeff Bezos

I do agree poo emojis is not what we might think of as professional but you can't argue with his results.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

d000hg adviser to one of the richest men on the planet.. Next week Jeff Bezos

I do agree poo emojis is not what we might think of as professional but you can't argue with his results.
              If results is all that matters. Some of us still believe in acting honourably.

Comment

Does the nice Mr Musk have any evidence of these numbers, or are they fake and made up in an attempt to lower the sales price as he realises he's made an epic cockup trying to buy Twitter and at the same time wiping off billions from his own company?

You really are gullible Vetty.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Does the nice Mr Musk have any evidence of these numbers, or are they fake and made up in an attempt to lower the sales price as he realises he's made an epic cockup trying to buy Twitter and at the same time wiping off billions from his own company?
                  Well to be fair Twitter have stated that 5% or less of users (or tweets I'm not sure the exact metric) are fake - which does seem optimistic - and may have shot themselves in the foot somewhat. There are loads of legitimate accounts which are automated feeds and collate data, etc.

Elon seems to be demanding Twitter prove their claim, or at least wanting to know how they measure it?

Comment

The Tesla billionaire accused Twitter's CEO of lying about the company's claim that less than 5% of its more than 200 million accounts are fake
                    Maybe it's just me but there I can't see how there a chance in hell that only 5% are fake. That's a ludicrous claim to make surely? Is it smoke and mirrors where they count don't count a person having a couple as being 'fake'? My lad has a few and none of his mates have more than one. Various reasons such as lost passwords/hacked email and probably more nefarious ones but still, are the extra ones classed as fakes?

I had a play with twitter briefly back in the day so not a regular user but if someone told me 45% were fake I'd believe that. If they said 50% plus I'd find that more believable than 5. Or is it that just me?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X