• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- work from Home from Monday

- Friday you must wear a face mask in most indoor public venues
    - NHS Covid pass mandatory for large venues obtainable still with 2 doses or negative LFT starts next Thursday

- daily tests for contacts of +ve people

Get jabbed!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
      If they introduce vaccine passports they will never be repealed, it's curtains for freedom in Britain.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	brazil01.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	4195229
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

It is mandatory vaccination by the back door.

Except some of the non-vaccinated aren't in the country....
          Rubbish, they're still administering it via the upper arm.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Working from home if possible and wearing masks... hardly a huge deal. I don't really see how this is going to make a large difference, calling it Plan B is rather overblowing it.
            Unless I'm wrong, (and as usual it wasn't made absolutely clear) it looks like you will need to do the full 2 weeks in isolation if you're identified as a contact of someone with Omicron, even if you're fully vaccinated. If this is the case, it's a f**king huge deal. You can go out as much as you like, but you risk personal lockdown if you come into contact with an unvaccinated git.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Unless I'm wrong, (and as usual it wasn't made absolutely clear) it looks like you will need to do the full 2 weeks in isolation if you're identified as a contact of someone with Omicron, even if you're fully vaccinated. If this is the case, it's a f**king huge deal. You can go out as much as you like, but you risk personal lockdown if you come into contact with an unvaccinated git.
              Many of the unvaccinated catching Covid are school children.

They aren't currently allowed a vaccine even if they want one.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

- NHS Covid pass mandatory for large venues obtainable still with 2 doses or negative LFT starts next Thursday
                This part is such a waste of time and likely counterproductive. Totally unenforceable, since anyone can game an LFT result, which in any case have up to 50% false negativity. We have football season tickets, so all this will do is hold everyone in a tightly packed crowd outside whilst vaccine passes are checked on entry, and throughout the whole thing we will be surrounded by under 12 super spreaders who can't get vaccinated even if they want to.

Comment

Would be easier if the symptoms of Covid were like those of the Black Death. Wouldn't need all these tests, they would just check your armpits for buboes.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Unless I'm wrong, (and as usual it wasn't made absolutely clear) it looks like you will need to do the full 2 weeks in isolation if you're identified as a contact of someone with Omicron, even if you're fully vaccinated.
                    Thanks for pointing this out, I think you are right but it's actually worse... it's if you MIGHT have been exposed to Omicron. Since most PCR tests don't tell you, that's a total ****-show. As Omicron becomes the prevalent variant, everyone has to assume that's the one they're exposed to.

I'm not sure this is technically part of plan B but either way, ugh.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It is mandatory vaccination by the back door.
                      Disagree. Going to a nightclub or a football match or a large music gig isn't a basic human freedom. I am jabbed but not in favour of VPs so I may choose not to attend such things on principle.

Likewise, airlines are very strict on masks. You may choose to decide you're just not going to fly if you hate masks. That is your choice. Freedom does not simply mean "I can do whatever I want whenever I want" it sometimes means choosing not to do things where you are uncomfortable.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X