• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oops!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops!

Masks to the ready! Keep away from other people! (Only if you are in England and stupidly decided to follow the UK government stance not the opposition parties)

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/19/terri...ases-15446407/

Covid restrictions could be needed if infections continue to soar after yesterday’s highest daily total since July.

The 49,156 new cases raised the spectre of indoor face masks, Covid passports becoming mandatory at large events and working from home rules returning.

The measures are a part of Boris Johnson’s Plan B, which the government has ruled out introducing imminently.

But he admitted the winter months ahead will be ‘challenging’.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Sooner or later there will be a fire break lockdown, hospital beds are being taken up with covid patients.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

We simply should have left low-level restrictions in place - indoor mask wearing in particular. I think outside of a small minority, people weren't that bothered about putting a mask on to go into a shop etc. The problem is that now you feel like the odd one out for doing it, so most don't. I don't think restrictions are particularly onerous across most of Europe, yet somehow they've kept infection rates to about 1/10th of ours.

Comment

The PM is shaking hands again....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          The PM is shaking hands again....
          Who isn't? What on earth is the point of vaccinating everyone if we still live our lives in fear?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think the unofficial lockdown has begun. Just visited a government office only with an almost empty car park and very few lights on only to be told that some government departments have been told to work from home as a precaution.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Who isn't? What on earth is the point of vaccinating everyone if we still live our lives in fear?
              You know what happened the last time he boasted about doing that...

(Apart from his Chief Medical and Scientific Officers looking at him like he is a )

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You know what happened the last time he boasted about doing that...
                Oh I see, well I don't think you should draw a correlation between the two It does still feel strange when someone sticks their hand out though.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Travelling to a family wedding in South France tomorrow, going to damn well enjoy it as might not be able to do it again for a few months. Or longer.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I'm supposed to be going to Vienna for Christmas markets at the end of November. That had better not be cancelled!!

Comment

Working...
                    X