• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rat With That?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rat With That?

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/03/rats-...rket-15357888/

Footage has emerged of rats nibbling on fresh pastries in the bakery section of a Sainsbury’s store before scuttling away as a shopper approaches them.

Filmmaker Anthony Mitson was browsing at the supermarket’s branch on Essex Road in Islington, north London, when he spotted the two chunky rodents gorging on the last croissant left on the uncovered stands.

He managed to start filming them just as they noticed him before leaping up behind the shelving of the dairy section and disappearing from sight.

Sainsbury’s said they took ‘immediate action’ to clean the store on Sunday and had called in pest control.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

They'd have plenty to eat as people drop this and that. Saw a cleaner removing stuff from under the shelves a few weeks ago. Not as bad as I saw under the shelves at my local shop when I bent to pick up summit I'd dropped. Puke.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 4 October 2021, 09:49.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

If you look around the outside of various shops, petrol stations, restaurants and even on platforms at train stations you can see their bait boxes.

Comment

This is Brexit related because there were no rats in Islington before Boris kicked all the forriners out.

My mate Jezza said so.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          This is Brexit related because there were no rats in Islington before Boris kicked all the forriners out.

My mate Jezza said so.
          Jezza wanted Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/03/rats-...rket-15357888/

Footage has emerged of rats nibbling on fresh pastries in the bakery section of a Sainsbury’s store before scuttling away as a shopper approaches them.

Filmmaker Anthony Mitson was browsing at the supermarket’s branch on Essex Road in Islington, north London, when he spotted the two chunky rodents gorging on the last croissant left on the uncovered stands.

He managed to start filming them just as they noticed him before leaping up behind the shelving of the dairy section and disappearing from sight.

Sainsbury’s said they took ‘immediate action’ to clean the store on Sunday and had called in pest control.
            Just throwing this out there, I know the contracting mantra is to be able to use google better than your client but is there any reason you post a link to an article and copy and paste most of the content without adding any value or insight as to your own thoughts?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Just throwing this out there, I know the contracting mantra is to be able to use google better than your client but is there any reason you post a link to an article and copy and paste most of the content without adding any value or insight as to your own thoughts?
              You know you don't have to read threads?

(Incidentally I was just browsing the Metro)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                If you look around the outside of various shops, petrol stations, restaurants and even on platforms at train stations you can see their bait boxes.
                Yeah. Rats are a hard problem to solve, partly because they are very smart. We had the council put bait down when we had some enticed by the chicken food, after 2 weeks they hadn't as much as nibbled it.

When you think about it, a supermarket has about a million nooks and crannies - they could nest in shelves that are rarely used even.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

My mate Jezza said so.
                  Now we know you're making up bulltulip ..... you have no mates
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Yeah. Rats are a hard problem to solve, partly because they are very smart. We had the council put bait down when we had some enticed by the chicken food, after 2 weeks they hadn't as much as nibbled it.

When you think about it, a supermarket has about a million nooks and crannies - they could nest in shelves that are rarely used even.
                    The problem is that the law has changed and taken away the responsibility away from local authorities for keeping towns free of rodents in favour of privatisation. It's now up to individuals who do not have access to strong poisons. Most rats are immune to off the shelf poisons and rats are too smart for traps. Pest controllers use airguns on industrial sites and farms.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X