• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bin Drivers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bin Drivers

Not to take away from the uplifting tales about tackling food waste but it needs a Parroty thread.

https://news.sky.com/story/bins-left...ncils-12398305

Bins left uncollected after HGV driver shortage hits councils

A shortfall of around 100,000 HGV drivers has been triggered by new labour rules, post-Brexit immigration changes and the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, councils are writing to Home Secretary Priti Patel asking for helps as residents are told to keep bins inside until they can be collected.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Yeah I noticed a few years ago that the refuse/recycling collectors in my area seem to speak with various European accents.

Now they are all British and most apart from one are bloody miserable.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Quite a few Eastern European friends have decided to go home permanently, not because of Brexit but because COVID flight restrictions have meant they can't visit family and the booming economies in their home countries (with cheaper housing!) make it more attractive to move back. We'll miss them, good people.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Yeah I noticed a few years ago that the refuse/recycling collectors in my area seem to speak with various European accents.

Now they are all British and most apart from one are bloody miserable.
        they're in range of your aura, so only to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
          Quite a few Eastern European friends have decided to go home permanently, not because of Brexit but because COVID flight restrictions have meant they can't visit family and the booming economies in their home countries (with cheaper housing!) make it more attractive to move back. We'll miss them, good people.
          Some of them are quite hard working !

Comment

The butler hasn't noticed much change round my way. Still seems to be the same crew for the most part.

Comment

Working...
            X