• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snow !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW
    AFAIK ABS releases and automatically applies brakes again in case when car skids - solution in abscense of ABS is to manually release and re-apply brake to give chance for wheel to first rotate and then (when brakes applied) start slowing car down in hope it will get some grip, not sure if it helps on ice: ABS or not in current weather the best thing not to drive at all, and if you do then either extremely slow (5 mph) with long distance between cars or just use winter tyres with chains to be sure.
    Unfortunately it's a bit difficult to put the winter tyres on halfway down Mount Pleasant hill... and I sincerely doubt if at any time I exceeded about 0.5mph... quite a wearing experience all in all.

Some fecking grit would have made all the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Unfortunately it's a bit difficult to put the winter tyres on halfway down Mount Pleasant hill... and I sincerely doubt if at any time I exceeded about 0.5mph... quite a wearing experience all in all.

Some fecking grit would have made all the difference.

You in the Falklands then Zeity??

Mmmmmmmm...........Nice

Comment

Originally posted by The Farmer
        You in the Falklands then Zeity??

Mmmmmmmm...........Nice
        Only if the Falklands are in south Wales... (that's old south Wales by the way)

Comment

Only if the Falklands are in south Wales... (that's old south Wales by the way)

Ahhhh

Mount Pleasent Hill

Not Mt.Pleasent.

Soz

Comment

Not to mention the Finns, Norwegians, Swedes, Russians... etc.

In fact anywhere that copes with feet of snow while Britain grinds to a halt on 3 flakes...
            That's because they have 4 to 6 months of snow each year and therefore can legislate the fitting of snow tyres. You can't fit snow tyres for 2 days a year. Not really a fair comparison.

Comment

A bit late I know, but I drove 100 miles to work Thursday morning down the M40 and M25, through all the worst hit area of Oxfordshire, Berks, Bucks, Beds, Surrey and Hampshire and thanks to all the dire warnings to stay at home there were none of the usual jams and I made it half an hour quicker than usual.

More snow please.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

That's all well and good until you get hills that are 1 in 8....

Comment

Working...
                X