• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pro Display XDR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Display XDR

Thinking of buying one. Anyone here have experience? Would you recommend?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Is this a kind of humble bragging?
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

The Standard Glass one is quite good. Until you surround it by 8 Nano-texture ones. Then it doesn't seem as good.

But it's not really that noticeable in the downstairs bathroom.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        Is this a kind of humble bragging?
        No. Just buying one. You think I should go with two?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          No. Just buying one. You think I should go with two?
          Get as many as you like!
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Thinking of buying one. Anyone here have experience? Would you recommend?
            Get one. It'll make your charts 'pop' beautifully.
            Last edited by Whorty; 8 October 2020, 20:38.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I’d go for a 2xlg ultrafine 5k. More real estate. Not sure if the difference between the two would be signifficant in most of the tasks.
              You’ll feel the need of a second monitor quite soon and a second xdr would be both expensive and difficult to drive from a macbook pro(unless you have a mac already).

Comment

good idea ...

This looks good. Ideally want to get away from 27 inch and a glossy screen. Prefer matt.

DELL UltraSharp UP3218K 80cm (31,5") UHD 8K-Monitor DP/USB IPS 16:9 6ms 400cd/m

Comment

good idea ...

This looks good. Ideally want to get away from 27 inch and a glossy screen. Prefer matt.

DELL UltraSharp UP3218K 80cm (31,5") UHD 8K-Monitor DP/USB IPS 16:9 6ms 400cd/m
                  How many of those can you buy with £2.2M?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Get one. It'll make your charts 'pop' beautifully.

I think so - I went into the Apple store the other week and it was love at first sight.

Will study for alternatives too, but so far they all seem a bit ugly.

Comment

Working...
                    X