• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flouncing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    As you can't search between dates the numbers are not relevant in a discussion about the decline of the forum.

Don't see admin running in SQL queries so the only thing left to do is look at the time from first post to last post on historical pages on general.

Up past page 500 it's like half a day and less, a general page now covers 2 or 3 days of posts. Even before the Christmas holidays

Single threads used to rock up 300 posts in a day sometimes

Again your insistence on backing your position up even when it is clearly BS shows why you are the problem.
    I agree with you that the Mods have killed the dynamics on the forum. What I have found is they selectively target certain posters and constantly issue bans and infringements. They are quite happy if you are kissing their arse. Disgraceful really.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      You're talking out of your arse.

This forum used to be a hive of activity late into the evening with witty banter, comedy & the odd argument. At weekends it would be busy and on a Xmas period, again losts of banter. That's no longer here at all. There is a handful of posts & posters at a weekend, and come the evening it's dead.

It's like a dying pub when they bring in a manager (not a landlord). A new manager comes in and can't see any difference. There's no longer a core of punters who make it all happen, no reason to pop in for a quick one on the way home, or weekend & the manager doesn't give a crap as he's getting paid anyway & really doesn't care.

So when the next manager comes in, he's going to post, wow, we've have 4000 posts in the last 24 days and 200 threads being created, what's your problem?

That's why I'm drinking elsewhere.
      But is some of this not attributable to the fact that some posters seem to have lost their sense of humour?

That some who have been here a long time feel they have a god given right to always be correct and agreed with and heard and when that does not happen they send vitriolic pm's or start abusive threads?

I personally do not blame the mods - I had 1 infraction a few years back and that is it - and I do not feel I have to not post what I think - which is not always that PC.....

Is the rise of other 'social media' causing the 'internet forum' as a thing to be less popular?

So that's your homework - minimum of 1000 words on my desk by Wednesday.

Comment

Other forums incorporate in social media to good effect. I mentioned last year that if we have a youtube integration then whey can't we have a twitter integration. Surely this is just a matter of downloading the plug in and installing it on the server.

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        I agree with you that the Mods have killed the dynamics on the forum. What I have found is they selectively target certain posters and constantly issue bans and infringements. They are quite happy if you are kissing their arse. Disgraceful really.
        Exactly, and the "don't you do it again, I'm in charge here" posts that always follow.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          But is some of this not attributable to the fact that some posters seem to have lost their sense of humour?

That some who have been here a long time feel they have a god given right to always be correct and agreed with and heard and when that does not happen they send vitriolic pm's or start abusive threads?

I personally do not blame the mods - I had 1 infraction a few years back and that is it - and I do not feel I have to not post what I think - which is not always that PC.....

Is the rise of other 'social media' causing the 'internet forum' as a thing to be less popular?

So that's your homework - minimum of 1000 words on my desk by Wednesday.

I also think a number of regular posters have taken umbridge with getting infractions for their views. I've had dozens of infractions and the odd ban, and I'll still give my opinion regardless because frankly I don't give a tulip about the administrators, moderators or you other posters. I just like the sound of my own voice.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I also think a number of regular posters have taken umbridge with getting infractions for their views. I've had dozens of infractions and the odd ban, and I'll still give my opinion regardless because frankly I don't give a tulip about the administrators, moderators or you other posters. I just like the sound of my own voice.
            Maybe you have hit the nail on the head.

To continue the pub analogy - you move to a new village and there are 2 pubs which offer similar services

1 is full of real ale bore's and the other is not - which one will be your local?

Comment

To continue the pub analogy - you move to a new village and there are 2 pubs which offer similar services

1 is full of real ale bore's and the other is not - which one will be your local?

Which one has sky sports? Do they both serve food of equal quality? What are the potholes like when driving to them both?

Comment

Mods took a side on certain subjects and got involved armed with ban threats.

There was a move to make this some kind of safe space by shutting down different opinions. Not sure if this was an instruction or they just took it upon themselves. Anyway, it has predictably fecked what was a fun forum.

Comment

Number 1, obviously.

I'm quite astonished how people get offended for getting an infraction. You'd almost imagine they must be millenial snowflakes.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Number 1, obviously.

I'm quite astonished how people get offended for getting an infraction. You'd almost imagine they must be millenial snowflakes.

Well kids nowadays are told to ignore everyone and follow their dreams - any adult who tries to tell you different is wrong - and probably a pervert.

And so the snowflake millennial was born - a being who believes the world revolves around them and exists purely for them and only people with opinions matching their own should be allowed to continue - the rest should be educated.

Kinda scary really.

Comment

Well kids nowadays are told to ignore everyone and follow their dreams - any adult who tries to tell you different is wrong - and probably a pervert.

And so the snowflake millennial was born - a being who believes the world revolves around them and exists purely for them and only people with opinions matching their own should be allowed to continue - the rest should be educated.

Kinda scary really.
                      Well said.
                      The world doesn't revolve around me, I know that.

As for handing out infractions and shutting down opinions, if some feel I need to apologise for banning a poster who joked about raping female members of this forum, then you need to re-evaluate the people you think are "good" and the people you think are the most evil members of society.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X