• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I think it's pretty clear he's not the multi-millionaire he claimed to be if he's trying to scam $100 out of gullible suckers. Given his attitude and arrogance his contracting reputation is likely shot hence why he tried trading.

I'd feel sorry for him if it wasn't for the fact he's trying to lull others into his crap trading predictions.
    Even got the selling of his Edinburgh flat wrong, would have made a pretty penny renting it out and riding the property appreciation of the last few years.

The praise he gets is merely "copium" bag holders dreaming of "x100" returns, so they promote the message.

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Pure TA in this macro environment doesn't mean much. Recent breakout on XRP is interesting though, it's more fundamentally driven than anything else. Re the MC, a lot of people are basing it on whether it replaces SWIFT or even part of it which BTC will never do but XRP is being touted to underpin cross border payments. SEC case is getting interesting and looking like it might develop further - unless the SEC manage to delay and stall even longer. Would be interesting to look on chain and see who's buying XRP to cause it to break out like this. Is it retail or smart money?... CBA to look myself.
    Can you explain / justify $25 predictions? XRP is a currency; consider the fact the circulating supply of USD is $2.10tn. A private cryptocurrency will not replace SWIFT in my opinion; it's a proof of concept of what might come, but not a replacement. Numbers do not compute, irrespective of momentary "breakout".

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post

Even got the selling of his Edinburgh flat wrong, would have made a pretty penny renting it out and riding the property appreciation of the last few years.

The praise he gets is merely "copium" bag holders dreaming of "x100" returns, so they promote the message.

Can you explain / justify $25 predictions? XRP is a currency; consider the fact the circulating supply of USD is $2.10tn. A private cryptocurrency will not replace SWIFT in my opinion; it's a proof of concept of what might come, but not a replacement. Numbers do not compute, irrespective of momentary "breakout".
      If that gets proven XRP will moon further than $25
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

If that gets proven XRP will moon further than $25
        I'm not sure why you think that. There's no intrinsic value in "currencies".

Right now there's a circulating supply of $2.10td USD. In a hypothetical scenario of XRP becoming the currency of the US, can you argue why total value wouldn't coalesce at $2.10tn?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post

I'm not sure why you think that. There's no intrinsic value in "currencies".

Right now there's a circulating supply of $2.10td USD. In a hypothetical scenario of XRP becoming the currency of the US, can you argue why total value wouldn't coalesce at $2.10tn?
          Not sure how familiar you are with XRP/Ripple but points of note are:
          1. Ripple is currently defending a lawsuit from the SEC who are trying to deem XRP as a security as opposed to a currency. This is suppressing the price of XRP and if Ripple win and XRP is deemed a currency that will be very very good for Ripple/XRP. When you said "XRP is a currency" I thought you might have some insider information on the lawsuit...
          2. There's no notion of XRP replacing the USD, even if it did I'm sure there is more than 100 billion (max supply of XRP) USD in circulation
          3. Ripple and XRP are targeting cross border payments (FX transactions) so the price predictions people are coming up with are based on 'if XRP takes [x]% of SWIFT volume it will be valued at...'
          4. XRP is one of the ISO20022 cryptos which is coming into implementation pretty soon (November this year). ISO2022 is worth reading about as it's essentially money 2.0, cross border payments, CBDCs and lots of institutional/governmental implementation of blockchain tech.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

The point is a "currency" has no intrinsic value, beyond the guarantee of face value, hence $25 won't happen, I'd even argue "can't" happen. The reason for value right now is actually because it's not really a currency with utility, it's a speculative asset.

XRP will never be a SWIFT replacement whilst slippage can occur in the XX% range. To be even considered a replacement outside of proof-of-concept trades, XRP would have to be pegged, perhaps to a bucket of currencies (US Inc. wouldn't allow that), and at this point we have come full circle regarding "market cap".

Comment

Not sure how familiar you are with XRP/Ripple but points of note are:
              1. Ripple is currently defending a lawsuit from the SEC who are trying to deem XRP as a security as opposed to a currency. This is suppressing the price of XRP and if Ripple win and XRP is deemed a currency that will be very very good for Ripple/XRP. When you said "XRP is a currency" I thought you might have some insider information on the lawsuit...
              2. There's no notion of XRP replacing the USD, even if it did I'm sure there is more than 100 billion (max supply of XRP) USD in circulation
              3. Ripple and XRP are targeting cross border payments (FX transactions) so the price predictions people are coming up with are based on 'if XRP takes [x]% of SWIFT volume it will be valued at...'
              4. XRP is one of the ISO20022 cryptos which is coming into implementation pretty soon (November this year). ISO2022 is worth reading about as it's essentially money 2.0, cross border payments, CBDCs and lots of institutional/governmental implementation of blockchain tech.
              Ripple isnt traded on coinbase - where is a good place to buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

You can swap it using Changelly using your Ledger hardware wallet.

https://www.ledger.com/swap-changelly
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

Wirex
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

tulip is hitting the fan as we speak…

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      tulip is hitting the fan as we speak…
                      So BTFD?

Comment

Working...
                      X