• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dollar cost averaging into Ethereum every day now until mid-December.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

800% in 60 days. But why? Tempted to convert them into Sats...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

rumours...that they have been licensed and are about to release the app.
        They've released a vid recently saying they're 'going dark' for a bit.
        Stinks a little bit of exit scam to me so i have sold some and have sell orders at certain fib levels.
        Strangely it seems completely inversely correlated to BTC at the moment
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Yeah, I'm on the fence with what's up. Will continue to observe the technicals, perhaps ease my position since there's an opportunity...

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
            rumours...that they have been licensed and are about to release the app.

On this ^... that would be awesome if true. There's been a number of crypto banks popping up.. however it turns out they are backed by a *real* bank and not licensed themselves.

Comment

"Bitcoin may have a tough time getting out from under the fallout from one of the biggest cryptocurrency scams ever, according to researcher Chainalysis Inc.

The largest cryptocurrency is likely to remain under pressure as perpetrators of the estimated more than $2 billion PlusToken scandal dump coins to cash out, the New York-based firm said Monday in the wake of a five-month investigation that continues to track the tokens as they filter through various blockchain ledgers."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...extending-drop

"Future of money"

Comment

The World’s Fourth-Largest Economy Just Said “Yes” to Crypto

Jut a snippet... I can confirm the ING bank story, whom I bank with, that they've offered Bitcoin custodian services. Whilst the US tries to crash the cryptospace in SSC bureaucracy... it seems the EU is going the other way. Exciting times.

And I have exciting news for you: On November 29, Europe’s largest economic power rewrote its laws to allow banks to do just that starting January 1. The new law implementing the fourth European Union (EU) Anti-Money Laundering Directive passed by Germany’s parliament clears the way for German banks to build crypto products, offer crypto trading, and hold crypto on behalf of their clients.

Friends, when I started writing about crypto in 2016, I prophesied the day would come when we’d see a legal framework to integrate crypto assets into the traditional financial system.

To say those prophecies were met with scorn would be an understatement. Ridicule, mockery, and blunt rudeness were the nicer things I faced when I spoke about the broad acceptance of crypto assets.

Yet here we are at the end of 2019. And even the most conservative German bank – Deutsche Bank – recently released a report heralding the death of cash… and the rise of cryptographic money like bitcoin.

In a December 7 report, a Deutsche Bank analyst called the current fiat (paper money) system fragile. Jim Reid, global head of fundamental credit strategy and thematic research at Deutsche Bank, expects cryptographic money will supplant fiat by 2030.

As Europe’s financial leader, it’s not too much of a stretch to imagine that where Germany goes, the rest of Europe will follow.

In fact, it’s already starting to happen.

Just two weeks after Germany’s landmark law passed, the $1 trillion Dutch banking giant ING announced it’ll allow its customers to store their crypto assets with the bank.

As broadening crypto acceptance plays out in Europe, if just 1% of all European financial assets find their way into crypto, that’s an extra $960 billion that could ultimately find its way into crypto investments.

source: A paid for subscription

Comment

Grrr - here come the greedy fee takers, after your bitcoin.

Former Barclays Exec to Launch UK’s First Regulated Crypto Bank in 2020

https://www.ziglu.io

Comment

For those of you who bought at the peak late 2017 / early 2018

The bottom has almost certainly been called. Two note worthy events are worth a mention.

1) The halving. Specifically the stock to flow ratio of Bitcoin. The chart below identifies what price action we might expect every time the supply of BTC is throttled.

2) This is a monthly chart below indicated a trend reversal. Trend reversals on monthly charts are powerful.

Once BTC reaches it's previous all time high, expect the alt coins to be like they were in 2017. Crazy. Ethereum is the better buy right now, however. I expect a better return on ETH before BTC goes parabolic.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      The bottom has almost certainly been called.
                      By who? The Iranians?
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X