• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just when you thought it was safe: Seizing £1.2 million worth of Bitcoin from a drug dealer in UK first? #Priceless!, from Surrey Police
    Ha. always going to be the case. Shame it doesn't say how much cash was taken as well
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

For the first time in a year I have bought some more crypto. Decided to buy some more DASH. an extra 25% on my original investment. Have to say I'm currently more nervous than when i first got in!
      DASH is now my biggest position....closely followed by RDD, which to my shame I have largely ignored for the last few months. Gutted as it's traded spot on for algo swings. Hindsight is a wonderful thing
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

hindsight indeed. Try and ignore it, it eats you up otherwise! Ohhh stellar why din't I keep you.... PBC has moved Stellar into the long term bets. They are equating it to buying Microsoft shares in 1985.

Dash is a wise move imo for a number of reasons, not excluding the rapid increase in transaction volume of recent... The number of payment processors using Dash is exploding. And don't forget Dash is signed up with Alt Thirty Six, which is signed up as a payment processor for the growing legal cannabis industry in the US. That's huge but largely ignored for the time being. I don't know why.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          hindsight indeed. Try and ignore it, it eats you up otherwise! Ohhh stellar why din't I keep you.... PBC has moved Stellar into the long term bets. They are equating it to buying Microsoft shares in 1985.

Dash is a wise move imo for a number of reasons, not excluding the rapid increase in transaction volume of recent... The number of payment processors using Dash is exploding. And don't forget Dash is signed up with Alt Thirty Six, which is signed up as a payment processor for the growing legal cannabis industry in the US. That's huge but largely ignored for the time being. I don't know why.
          I moved my XRP back to XLM over the weekend. Better of the two I think. Plus...XLM is still cheaper than when I sold it back in Jan
          Looks hopeful that I caught DASH just before it bottomed...should be able to see if we're impulsing up by the end of today I reckon.

Comment

Many alts are getting ransacked to buy BTC.

Verge is a steal at the minute. Another $2 prediction and possibly a lot more

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XV...yptoManiac101/
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Many alts are getting ransacked to buy BTC.

Verge is a steal at the minute. Another $2 prediction and possibly a lot more

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XV...yptoManiac101/
              The BTC value of my overall portfolio is not nice to look at. But the £ value is making up for it.

Just need BTC to take a breather so the whales can pump and dump the alts back to good levels. I need to lighten the portfolio of some of the more speculative coins - currently looks like this:

BTC
              XLM
              BCH
              EOS
              XRP
              LOC
              LTC
              ETH
              ZEC
              BAX
              DASH
              DRGN
              BAT
              NEO
              BOS
              STEEM
              ZEN
              REP
              STRAT
              ARK
              ETC
              OMG
              SC
              XVG
              SNT
              VTC
              MUSIC
              TRX
              CLO
              ADA
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

You'll be a rich man at the end of the year if you manage to hold onto it all.

Comment

You'll be a rich man at the end of the year if you manage to hold onto it all.
                  It's not going anywhere any time soon - except for maybe some of the dodgier alts.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

A picture is starting to emerge - I think one last BTC pullback before....... Lambo!

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      It's not going anywhere any time soon - except for maybe some of the dodgier alts.
                      'dodgier alts' - this is an important point.... there's fair too many of them. Amongst them are ICOs not even listed yet on coinmarketcap that are sitting on $100m+ which are utter crap.

By the end of the year maybe more, a great many coins listed on coinmarketcap will just disappear. The trick to play after the upcoming bull run is to make sure you're not holding one of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X