• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    BTC has dropped below the last threshold where I was dripping £ in so figured time to buy some more.

Used Uphold last time but now my payment is stuck at 'processing' for last 2 hours. It did say it could take up to 24 hours to complete but last time it went through pretty quickly, after my bank confirmed it was me doing the transaction. They've not been in touch yet so I wonder if this is more banking resistance with getting FIAT into crypto.

I hope those whales don't pump up the price before I can finish the purchase. Would have used the always slow SEPA transfer to save a few percent in fees if I thought it would take this long by card.
    From every bit of TA that I've read and the volume levels, the price is only going downwards. I'm expecting a small increase but then down to $5600 or even lower. I went back to USD at $7k and holding until $5.5k. It's a lottery tho

Comment

It does not matter what $ value BTC goes down to. I know at the end of this year it'll reach new dizzy heights. The game everyone should be playing right now is coin accumulation.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        It does not matter what $ value BTC goes down to. I know at the end of this year it'll reach new dizzy heights. The game everyone should be playing right now is coin accumulation.
        Is that the game where you are trading between alts and BTC hoping to time the pump and dumps of the tulipcoins to end up with more BTC, or the one where you get in on the ground floor on a new tulipcoin in the hope it comes out smelling of roses, or both?

I've too little skin in the game to make it worth the hassle of the first game and the second is too risky for me when it required more than a few quid to play, so my coin accumulation is currently purely FIAT -> crypto where that direct route is available.

Any other games I've missed that have been mentioned in this rather long thread? As thread owner you could edit the first post to put an updated summary as things progress.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I never switch between alts. If I go short on one alt I stay out in BTC and buy back with the exact same amount of BTC in the same coin.

If I stay out I'm staying out for 1-3 weeks whilst coming out in a cold sweat.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I know a lot of folks are holding into Tether instead of BTC, i.e. going back into fiat. But I'm quite skeptical as to whether Tether has $2.5b in cash so I stay away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              BTC has dropped below the last threshold where I was dripping £ in so figured time to buy some more.

Used Uphold last time but now my payment is stuck at 'processing' for last 2 hours. It did say it could take up to 24 hours to complete but last time it went through pretty quickly, after my bank confirmed it was me doing the transaction. They've not been in touch yet so I wonder if this is more banking resistance with getting FIAT into crypto.

I hope those whales don't pump up the price before I can finish the purchase. Would have used the always slow SEPA transfer to save a few percent in fees if I thought it would take this long by card.
              Use Coinbase - tried to get my bank going with Uphold and it just never, ever worked as desired. Card payment went fine, though.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                With that game in mind...my new TA on BNB has gone up on TradingView.
                https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BN...e-A-of-Wave-2/
                Short for now but it's looking very bullish in the medium term.
                Managed to make 5% volume on the ETC pump so pleased with that
                Very annoyed with myself on BNB though. Made the cardnal mistake of not zooming out. had I done that earlier I would have seen we had 5 waves up and were about to correct rather than being in an ending diagonal. Still...should make something out of it
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                  Use Coinbase - tried to get my bank going with Uphold and it just never, ever worked as desired. Card payment went fine, though.
                  Bank rejected my last card attempt via Coinbase and to do bank transfers the account name has to match which mine doesn't (Coinbase put my middle name in the account name, my bank account doesn't).

Uphold transfer still 'processing', 6 hours and counting.

Silver lining is that BTC is still dropping so if that continues my transfer from GBP to BTC within Uphold will buy a bit more. If it transfers into Uphold successfully.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I'm being a bit chicken with buying more at the moment. I do believe it's the right thing to do (when BTC hits 5k) but all my stash is sat as a house deposit that will likely be needed before I can extract...just not worth the risk so not happening.
                    Never risk what you can't afford to lose...
                    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

You think $5k is on the cards? Jeepers. The market seems quite oversold at the minute.

Comment

Working...
                      X