• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    What's the opposite of "going to the moon!"?
    Going to the Moon - when it's day time here and it's above Australia
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      I was under the impression ETFs being launched in blockchain based companies would improve the market...what have I missed here?
      Not much - I think the timing of this crash is creating a good buy level for institutions so they can get in at pre "missed the boat" levels.

Gutted I'm sitting in so many alts without a chunk of FIAT to buy this dip - oh well, this is what it means to HODL...

Just signed up for the premium version of https://cointracking.info/

Going to have a fun packed weekend getting all my trades into it and moves between wallets/exchanges etc.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Not much - I think the timing of this crash is creating a good buy level for institutions so they can get in at pre "missed the boat" levels.

Gutted I'm sitting in so many alts without a chunk of FIAT to buy this dip - oh well, this is what it means to HODL...

Just signed up for the premium version of https://cointracking.info/

Going to have a fun packed weekend getting all my trades into it and moves between wallets/exchanges etc.
        Let me know what it's like. I use altpocket.io to rtack mine. not bad seeing as it's free
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          Sold off a few coins so I can open up some more short possitions. Currently shorting LTC, XRP and DASH.

I'm now loving all these red candles

are these naked or covered

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Milan.
              Hola Benes.

He's not really shorting. Much confusion on this thread about what shorting really means. But no, he's not borrowing alt coin stock to sell short. Because you can't actually do that.

If anyone's interested, you can short BTCUSD or ETHUSD via derivatives on IG Trading.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Just saw on reddit that the market cap of all crypto is now what it was 23 days ago.

A lot of people who took out mortgages etc are having a very bad time and a lot can't get at the funds they have left, someone has even posted a suicide hotline in the cryptocurrency sub...
                https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/17/this...n-bitcoin.html

Comment

who knows?

How many days negative before the panic goes viral.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    Hola Benes.

He's not really shorting. Much confusion on this thread about what shorting really means. But no, he's not borrowing alt coin stock to sell short. Because you can't actually do that.

If anyone's interested, you can short BTCUSD or ETHUSD via derivatives on IG Trading.
                    Wrong. I am really shorting. Go to margin trading on poloniex.

Comment

Well that's it, the Daily Express has called the end of crypto...

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/ci...na-south-korea

End of cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ripple and Ethereum PLUMMET amid fears of collapse
                      Doomed™

Comment

Working...
                      X