• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    One of my coins (SC) just went green!
    And it's becoming more and more green.

Siacoin is now trading on https://upbit.com !
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Mines holding up reasonably well vs BTC price.

Verge and bitshares are down 50% overall. Only a small position on verge though. Zen and ETH, Sia are holding up ok.

Big hit on ADA too, but was up about 100% so still in profit.

Been meaning to try shorting on poloniex, so this seems like a good time to do it. Transfered bitshares to margin account as collateral. Opened a short position on ripple:

Nice to be making money when everything is going down

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Lost a few £ last few days. Scooter- did you lose much or was most of yours converted to fiat before xmas?

Trying not to bottle it. Seen a couple or recoveries but then its gone back down even further...
        HOLD!

Sold 1/3 of my portfolio to fiat before Christmas, ready to become a buyer again. The remaining is a double eded sword because of tax reasons, I decided it was better to leave it alone.

Regarding trading alt's with other alt's or indeed selling BTC in fiat, I'd suggest do nothing. Doing nothing is a really good idea at the minute, don't try and time the market or anything like that. You've picked the coins you like, just watched them grow now.

Remember the game is to accumulate coins and ignore the dollar value of BTC. If you end up with 10 BTCs through accumulation there's a good chance you could sell at $1m by the end of the year.

I'm thinking we're going to see a repeat of last year. So far so true. Expect a sell off before June. Come back in the autumn for a mega bull run.

Bitcoin Price to Hit $100,000 in 2018, Predicts Saxo Bank Analyst
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          Mines holding up reasonably well vs BTC price.

Verge and bitshares are down 50% overall. Only a small position on verge though. Zen and ETH, Sia are holding up ok.
          Very impressed with ZEN. In SATS terms it has hardly shifted these past 48 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            HOLD!

Sold 1/3 of my portfolio to fiat before Christmas, ready to become a buyer again. The remaining is a double eded sword because of tax reasons, I decided it was better to leave it alone.

Regarding trading alt's with other alt's or indeed selling BTC in fiat, I'd suggest do nothing. Doing nothing is a really good idea at the minute, don't try and time the market or anything like that. You've picked the coins you like, just watched them grow now.

Remember the game is to accumulate coins and ignore the dollar value of BTC. If you end up with 10 BTCs through accumulation there's a good chance you could sell at $1m by the end of the year.

I'm thinking we're going to see a repeat of last year. So far so true. Expect a sell off before June. Come back in the autumn for a mega bull run.

I think bitcoin might struggle until lightning network is implemented. The demand at the moment is unprecedented and fees and confirmation times are simply too high. Bear season until then.

Now the big question is if alts can continue to rise while bitcoin is dropping. It think most will struggle simply because they are traded exclusively with BTC. I expect the market to adapt, but it won't happen quickly.

Comment

Don't think the high fees sluggish transactions times will affect BTC to be honest. I can transfer into BTC in minutes if I pay for it. And if you're managing a hedge fund of millions, you're going to pay the faster transaction fee.

Institutional investors are about to pour money into BTC like they might gold. They don't care about its everyday use like we might.

Comment

Way down in $ value but only about 20% in BTC volume so not too bad. Lots of green on my dashboard today so pleased with that
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

HOLD!

Yeh still got to get my head around that. I still look at how much their all worth in $ and how much I can get if I cash out.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Don't think the high fees sluggish transactions times will affect BTC to be honest. I can transfer into BTC in minutes if I pay for it. And if you're managing a hedge fund of millions, you're going to pay the faster transaction fee.

Institutional investors are about to pour money into BTC like they might gold. They don't care about its everyday use like we might.
                    So accumulating BTCs is still the name of the game? I have 0 BTC but 2.73 BTC worth of alts right now. My accumulation is of more major alts - should I be building a BTC position as well?
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      So accumulating BTCs is still the name of the game? I have 0 BTC but 2.73 BTC worth of alts right now. My accumulation is of more major alts - should I be building a BTC position as well?
                      Your alts are all valued in BTC so even thoguh you don't have any actual BTC you have a value of them in your portfolio. As the alts go up in price relative to BTC you effectively gain BTC...which is what Scooter means. Assuming BTC goes up to where it's expected then it's a double winner...more bTC and higher value for it.
                      I started with 0.25 BTC and although it's now down to 1.34BTC (from highest of 1.6) I'm very pleased so far
                      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X