• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Pin bar?
    Google not working over there again?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Whose just put that 200 btc order into Verge - barstewards.

Today is bargain day.
      It was a sell.

Comment

German Central Banker: Cryptocurrencies Must Be Regulated On a Global Scale

As someone says in the comments: For "regulate" read "eradicate".

The director of Germany's central bank believes that bitcoin should be regulated through an international set of rules rather than on a national scale.

Bundesbank director Joachim Wuermeling said that borderless cryptocurrencies are difficult to regulate within a specific region or country, according to Reuters. Speaking at an event in Frankfurt, the banker said cryptocurrencies instead be overseen on a global scale, with regulators harmonizing their rules together.

To that end, Wuermeling said that such a state of affairs could only be reached in the event of heightened cooperation.

He was quoted as saying:

“Effective regulation of virtual currencies would therefore only be achievable through the greatest possible international cooperation, because the regulatory power of nation states is obviously limited.”

His remarks follow developments out of China and South Korea on the regulatory front. Notably, South Korea was reportedly planning to shut down exchanges, though those rumors were later walked back by the president’s office.

However, South Korea is acting on new regulations to slow down speculative investing in cryptocurrencies by forcing banks to comply with new know-your-customer rules and imposing fines on investors who refuse to cease using anonymous virtual for cryptocurrencies.

Meanwhile, China has indicated it might try to reduce mining activity by withdrawing tax and power benefits for companies.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

$400K: Hacker Makes Off With Stellar Lumens in BlackWallet Theft

And this is the reason why we use our own wallets. Hope no one here was using Blackwallet. The only person that should control your secret phrase is you.
          Last edited by scooterscot; 16 January 2018, 12:10.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Hello Sean,

Thank you for your message.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of Nationwide for the delay in responding to your query.

At this moment in time, Nationwide are currently experiencing high volumes of queries through our Internet Bank messaging service which is causing delays with regards to queries being answered.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

We are experiencing difficulties with payments being sent to Coinbase. They are rejecting and returning a lot of our payment however, they are returning them to our agent bank with no sender’s reference on the return. What this means is that the funds are returned but it is extremely difficult to identify what return is for which payment. This causes delays in the payments being received back into our customers account.

We politely ask for your patience whilst we investigate further with our agent bank and LHV Pank (Coinbase' bank) to resolve this issue. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.

Regards,
            <redacted>
            Customer Consultant
            http://www.nationwide.co.uk
            Nationwide

Comment

Ok I think I should come clean. I should have announced that I was buying BTC. By Murphy's Law, it was absolutely bound to be the very top of the market... and it was

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Ok I think I should come clean. I should have announced that I was buying BTC. By Murphy's Law, it was absolutely bound to be the very top of the market... and it was
                So it's your fault then! Sell it now!
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                  So it's your fault then! Sell it now!
                  Scoots told me to hold come what may... I'll hang on until it isn't worth a dime

( Just a couple of years ago, a friend of mine advised me to buy in. BTC was ~$400. I said "no way, it's over-priced" )

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Scoots told me to hold come what may... I'll hang on until it isn't worth a dime

( Just a couple of years ago, a friend of mine advised me to buy in. BTC was ~$400. I said "no way, it's over-priced" )
                    Hold hold hold. This time next year we all need to flock to Germany to either buy him a beer or visit the local hardware shops to buy them out of pitchforks and torches. I firmly believe it's the former though
                    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Sean - CB do not support NW payments.

Comment

Working...
                      X