• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just hodling me....hardest thing ever...seen a 20%drop in portfolio since last night. It will recover though. Mostly due to BTC rallying I think
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
      Is everyone here spending more time moving crypto around than satisfying their contract deliverables?

Poor clients.
      Should this thread be renamed 'Plan B happening right here, right now" ?

Comment

Yup BTC rally...

Seen it throughout last year, always the same when new money comes pouring into the markets. The smart money just holds. Unless you're feeling gutsy and short some alt-coin positions.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          BTC is rallying quite impulsively, broken 1600
          US futures market ain't expecting a rapid BTC mooning ..

XBT - Cboe Bitcoin (USD) Futures
          Symbol Expiration High Low
          XBT/F8 01/17/2018 16600.00 14850.00
          XBT/G8 02/14/2018 16610.00 14920.00
          XBT/H8 03/14/2018 16660.00 15000.00

The spreads on that 'guesswork' seem quite tight.

Comment

Looks like BTC is going to $20k.. it broke that $16.4k resistance, more like smashed it.

$21k would be the next Fibonacci level before we see the profit pour back into the alt-coin markets, could be a few days. Now would be the time to take the dog for a walk. A long walk.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
              US futures market ain't expecting a rapid BTC mooning ..

XBT - Cboe Bitcoin (USD) Futures
              Symbol Expiration High Low
              XBT/F8 01/17/2018 16600.00 14850.00
              XBT/G8 02/14/2018 16610.00 14920.00
              XBT/H8 03/14/2018 16660.00 15000.00

The spreads on that 'guesswork' seem quite tight.
              Could someone explain this to me. I haven't really looked at futures...what is it saying?
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
                Is everyone here spending more time posting on CUK than satisfying their contract deliverables?

Poor clients.
                FTFY - and yes
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by merseygrit View Post
                  I'm new to this and I'm trying to get started on to Bitshare exchange. I'm a bit confused as to the easiest way to get my GBP funds into altcoins.

My plan was:
                  1. SEPA transfer GBP to Uphold
                  2. Convert GBP to Dash or other cryptocurrency on Uphold
                  3. Send to Bishare via OpenLeger
                  4. Exchange on Bitshare
                  5. Transfer from Bitshare to my wallet

My alternative would be to use ShapeShift
                  1. SEPA transfer GBP to Uphold
                  2. Convert GBP to Dash or other cryptocurrency on Uphold
                  3. Exchange to altcoins via sending from Uphold to Shapeshift
                  4. Receive from Shapeshift to my wallet

I'm unsure if these two plans will work, I've misunderstood something or if there is a more straightforward way. I'm struggling to get GBP into any cryptocurrency to get things started....
                  This post got held back as it was my first so needed to be approved, so here it is again...

Comment

Originally posted by merseygrit View Post
                    This post got held back as it was my first so needed to be approved, so here it is again...
                    Both of those will work - FAIT to crypto via Uphold (SEPA takes a few days) or coinbase by card which is quicker but has higher fees and low limits.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Go Siacoin! (And holly feck what the feck?)

This is getting stupid, I'm well chuffed with performance of last month don't get me wrong but the last couple of weeks have been insane. Time to start shopping for a London Pied-à-terre. Should I wait until Corbyn gets in?

Comment

Working...
                      X